Hello, I am curious to hear anyone about sexual abuse. I am sorry to ask you about this. But I want to know. Does the victim ever recover from this?

Ok, my best friend has been abused a couple years ago. I will tell you this. The horror of sexual abuse is that no matter how severe the physical pain, the mental issue is even worse. Unless you find full healing, even if the physical pain ended in childhood, your inner pain and distress will still be with you when you are a grandparent. It is very hard for her, and she is still not the same after this. The victim will have to blame someone for what happened to her. And who do you think the victim should blame? We must at first “forgive” ourselves. And when victim starts to decrease the anger, victim may be healed. That is about it. Easier said than done.

you never really get over it

when i was about 12 a male family friend abused me for roughly a year, nothing really crazy but mainly touching me and telling me if i told anyone he would kill me and do all kinds of crazy things to my family

the last time it happened to me was on my 13th birthday, about a week
before a broke my left leg and screwed up my right knee so i couldnt walk, i woke up at about noon and the family friend basicly forced me to let him do oral on me and i couldnt do anything to stop it because of of the injuries

when i was 15 i told my parents and police about it but because i was considered a troubled and sort of bad kid they dismissed it as me just trying to get attention so nothing happened over it and to this day no matter how much i tell them that i did lie and that everything really happened the certain family friend remains a family friend

i'm now 21 and i dont feel i'll ever really get over it, infact it has really effected my life, i have a very hard time trusting people so i tend to block myself from having a real social life, ever since the sexual abuse started i could never really sleep well and still cant which effects my ability to function properly and hold a job for any amount of time

Being sexually abused is probably one of the worst thing a young person can endure, because it has staying power that is so destructive. It makes a person often feel like there is something wrong with them and for some reason that what happened to them is their own fault. I know I felt this way my entire life and it hindered me. I always felt as though therapy would be too personal and too upsetting, and it was. I finally found a way to cope though. I found a really awesome network of women who support one another. I do not know what would have happened to me without having this release that I desperately needed. This has helped me to better understand the things that happened to me and that I am not alone and most importantly that it isnt my fault etc. Anyone who has went through any type of abuse should seek a way to release their pain and anxiety in a positive way.
There are many options out there. As I mentioned, Therapy, Support Groups, Writing out your feelings, having a trustworthy friend or family member to talk to, etc.
Please do not feel alone and know that things can and do get better.
Seek help, once you do you can start down your path to recovery.
All the best to you.

Its been ten years and i still want to kill myself... i cant love normally, i hate my husband and cant have sex with him... to all you perverted bastards i think the death penalty should be for you... i hate you for what you did to me and i hope that you were raped every day you were in prison... i want to kill you and then myself maybe then ill be happy

it's something that never go's away i've done everything to make it go away but my days just get darker... my dad abused me for ten years and i still don't know why... i'm now married with four kids probably only have sex twice a year and only then can i do it if he hurts me while his doin it... i've self harmed tried to kill myself twice and still the nightmares haunt me thres so many questions with sexual abuse that never get answered and the main one is was it my fault sometimes i feel i'm the only one i have no close family my mum knew what was goin on the whole time. the only thing i would like to say is please let children know no one has the right to touch them anywhere that makes them uncomfortable whether it be there hair or there foot i've drumed this into my kids for as long as i can remember and the fact that these people are your every day jack jones.....

WEll, the recovery is depend on how the person being abuse counter the mental shock of being sexually abused and how pain painful he/she was abused.

getting sexually abused makes you feel so incredibly worthless.

It's something the survivor needs to work hard on. It depends on how long the abuse went on, the severity, etc. Therapy and support groups are very good. And it's something that needs to be worked on and revisited often, it's never really finished. Forgiveness works wonders, but is a hard journey. First the survivor needs to forgive her/himself, and then possibly the perpertrator. Forgiveness is not forgeting, or condoning. And it's only to help the survivor, as the anger and hurt are sometimes too large to be endured.

Yes you can heal from abuse. I recovered memories of being abused just over a year ago. I always felt something was very very wrong but didn't know what. I suffered from anxiety, depression, panic attacks - the works for years, on and off. I am so grateful that I recovered the memories because now I know what I am dealing with........I'm not saying it's going to be easy.....just keep going, whatever you do, don't stop...it does get better, you do get stronger, you are worth it, just don't give up!

i ma turning 15 in a couple days. from ages 5 - 9 i was sexually abused by my grandpa when i finally got he never to tell my mom she told my dad who is a cop and he was filled with rage which caused troubles in my family
now im turning 15 and have gone through years of therapy i will never really recover because the emotional affects of this abuse are just horrid and i dont know how some one cud do this to a kid

I was molested as a child for several years. The way i got over it was when i came to Jesus and asked Him to save me. When i saw how He could forgive all manner of sin, including mine and make me new, it showed me how to forgive my abuser. It is essential to forgive in order to move forward. If you are saying you can't forgive, trust me Jesus will help you to. Just give it all to Him, be honest. Tell Him you need help and can't forgive, He knows everything anyway. And let your own guilt go completely if you have any! It is never a child's fault, you are a beautiful person that God loves and so will the right man. You are not used material, you are not worthless or any of the lies the devil will tell you! It is not hopeless! Love yourself and let others love you for who you are in your heart. A sexual abuse victim is not the #1 characteristic on your list! Give it to Jesus and leave it there! Don't hold onto it. Just like all things in life, hold tight to the good, and throw out the bad. Best wishes to you. I've walked in your shoes and there is hope!

I'm a teen. A girl, in high school and I have been abused multiple times
It started with one boy in 8th grade physically, nothing major so I switched schools at the end of the year. During that summer, an older boy sexually abused me. I tried to push it to the back of my mind and continue my life. During my 9th grade year, the first few months, another boy who I thought was a friend, tricked me, and then sexually assaulted me. After that, I was a bit of a mess. But I tried to continue a normal life. I waited a bit, and began to date a boy, who turned out to be sexually, emotionally, and physically abusive. After ending it with him, I felt damaged. I am not some screwed up head case, like most people think, if you just looked at me, you would never know. But it messes you up. I wish no harm on them, but I can not be their friends, or want good for them. I am afraid to be in relationships now, afraid to even kiss a boy. And that breaks my heart. I hope that it doesn't happen to another. I'm scared, because I seem to have a draw to abusers.

Good job on all of you who wrote their story, it takes a lot of guts.

The thing you have to understand (person who asked this), the physical pain (if there is bruising, etc) goes away, unless you have a scar from it. Um, its the emotional aspect of it. You don't trust yourself or others typically, you think you are worthless, a w****, dirty, slutty, weak, that you deserved it, etc. You can get over it, at least, step by step but you were never truly be over it. You get flashbacks in the beginning, things that scare you, support is key. I hope that helps.

When I was in the fourth grade, my grandfather started touching me, this continued for 5 years until my freshman year when my parents divorced and I didn't have to see him anymore. I still haven't told anyone in my family, but my husband knows and is very supportive. No, you don't really get over it, I feel very uncomfortable around older men. I'm very paranoid of what people think when I do something as simple as give my 5 year old cousin a hug, I feel like the abuse will rub off on her or something, like dirt. I feel dirty, I guess. I can't have sex with my husband unless it's rough, unless I feel forced, because I can't become aroused any other way.

Also, did you know that victims of abuse are more likely than others to be abused again? It's like we emit some kind of vibe that says "please, do it again, I wasn't hert enough the first time, I still haven't killed myself."

But, like I said, you don't ever get over it. You can forget it for long periods of time, but it always comes back and it effects nearly everything you do.