I think it was cheryl that brought up a topic similar to this:

Have any of you had a successful friendship with a guy - not necessarily a guy you've dated - when you were seriously dating someone else? Especially if you have a sneaking suspicion they find you attractive? You know, the whole When Harry Met Sally thing. Is it true?

I know, it's a hokey question, but inquiring minds want to know.

I want to know.

I vote in favor of the When Harry Met Sally thing.

If men find women attractive, they find them attractive.
It's biological.

Of course, I can only speak from my own personal experiences.
In my opinion it would be very difficult.
This is probably why I have few women friends. Except of course, the ladies here...which is my point. I have more women friends here than I do in real life. Why? :shrug:

:1:

Still do, two guys in particular. Husband doesn't care, 'cause he likes them, too.

I think it was cheryl that brought up a topic similar to this: Have any of you had a successful friendship with a guy - not necessarily a guy you've dated - when you were seriously dating someone else? Especially if you have a sneaking suspicion they find you attractive? You know, the whole When Harry Met Sally thing. Is it true? I know, it's a hokey question, but inquiring minds want to know.
you mean these men are having sex with me without my knowledge? Yes it was me who brought it up and this is an interesting twist! I've had guy friends. Some I suspected of having an attraction to me. I'm also had guy friends when I wasn't dating anyone that I ended up dating. So I tend to believe the whole When Harry Met Sally thing, sadly. Continue your discussion, I'm really curious now....

I used to have a really good guy friend when I was in relationships with others. But he got married and his wife hates me, so we don't talk anymore. :squint:

Now, say dude is attracted to you, but you just don't care, and he's not really the type to actually act upon it, so you ignore it and continue cultivating said friendship. Does that make you a heartless b***h because it's rubbing it in his face that he just can't have you, darn it?

Now, say dude is attracted to you, but you just don't care, and he's not really the type to actually act upon it, so you ignore it and continue cultivating said friendship. Does that make you a heartless bish because it's rubbing it in his face that he just can't have you, darn it?
No. If you refused to be friends with people who were attracted to you, you'd be really limiting your number of friendships. Plus, if it's just a crush he'll get over it. Of course this assumes you won't be shakin' yo thang all up in his face, which WOULD make you a heartless b!tch. And a ho as well. :P

:nono: Not a very nice friend, young lady!!

The way I see it is that I have no control how said person does or does not feel towards me. Why should I worry about it when I'm not even TRYING to make him feel that way? Seriously. Just askin'.
Why are you asking? Sounds like you've already made up your mind. And a good decision as well.

I think you're just fine. If he knows you're just friends, and you aren't leading him on, then he is also making the choice to stay in the friendship.

One of my closest friends is a guy, and I would be willing to bet there is no attraction either way. We're more like arguing siblings. It's one of those weird situations. We worked together, I introduced him to his wife, he and I left to teach, and our spouses still work together.

I'm like Coach. I have no friends of the opposite gender except here online. My husband has had a couple of friends that have hung out at our house and by default have become my friends, but without Mr Aire being there there would be no contact between his friends and me. Mr Aire was the "link" in the friendship. Without him, there was nothing there. Now, we really like to cultivate "couple" friends which are very hard to find. It really depends on four people really liking each other and not being threatened by anyone in the group. I believe there can be a serious danger between males/females being friends when they are involved in their own relationships. I've seen it happen too often in the military. It starts out as innocent friendship, asking for advice, opinions etc and then BAM!!!!

Many, many, many years ago when I was a professional drinker I had a female friend who was as good at it as I was. She was a cosmetologist who gave me an Afro which I kept for a year or so. That might give you some idea of how long ago it was. We were good friends and if we hit the bar at the same time usually sat together mainly so she could use me to get rid of guys who hit on her that she didn't want. She would say she was with her brother and we became known as brother and sister by most of our friends including my wife. The best description I can use is she looked a lot like Marilyn Monroe so she got plenty of hits. I don't know why but I was not sexually attracted to her even when we went skinny dipping with and without my wife and another couple. We were friends with the bartender and usually stayed while she cleaned up the place after closing. She always wanted me to scratch her back which ended up with me scratching her front. I never met anyone else who wanted her boobs scratched and as hard as I could scratch. When I got to the bar one night the bartender said "your sister called and she needs a ride". She was at someones graduation party and I found her in the pool shed naked looking for something to wear because her clothes were all wet. She found a terrycloth robe and we headed out. I was about to stop at her house so she could get dressed when she said go to the bar it's too close to last call. When we got there a guy she couldn't stand showed up and was standing behind her at the corner of the bar twisting himself inside out trying to see what was under the robe. When he went to the men's room she told me to turn facing her because she was going to get him. When he came back we were talking when she said I have to go the ladies room. She moved one leg to the side to get off the stool then let her robe open up facing me as she got off the stool so it was obvious I saw everything. That poor guy almost had a brain hemorrhage. The only time we did anything remotely sexual was at her place for Thanksgiving dinner with the guy she was living with. We were sitting opposite my wife and him and she reached into my pants and started giving me a hand job just for fun so I reciprocated. We carried on for about 10 minutes without them knowing. I quit drinking, she got married and we lost touch until 5 years ago when a guy I was working with said "your sis says Merry Christmas". He is living with her now.

I have no friends of the opposite gender except here online.
That sounds so limiting. And boring. I could never imagine cutting off half of the population from being friends with me solely based on gender. Am I the only one?

I have always naturally gotten along better with men than women. Since I'm married I no longer have "close" male friends. Except for one, and that's my husband. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it just has that potential to go Oh so wrong.....