I notice that my periods are irregular when using adderall. Sometimes I don't have any periods. When I took the medication only once or twice for energy (which I know is not right), the next day or next couple of days out I would have some spotting and stomach cramps. Is this normal?

I am prescribed this medication and take (2) 20 mg in the a.m. and (2) 20mg in the afternoon.

I have been on my period since July of last year (when prescribed), maybe going 4 days at most without heavy bleeding. I can't answer this question for you. My advice is.... don't take Adderall for energy. If you just have to have energy, get phentermine or adipex... works great.

Adderall has had some serious effects on my body. Now, I have to sit here and figure out or try and self diagnose.

NO THAT IS NOT NORMAL. My doctor has me on it and it really messes with your system if it wasn't really for you. You should talk to your doctore jus tell him what happened and he'll give you something for energy.

Self diagnosis not necessary. The amount of Adderall that you are taking is lethal! You may have an excellent malpractice suit agains your healthcare provider. Think of this-the highest dosage of Adderall in one pill is 30mg. You're taking 80mg a day. That would by WHY it has had some serious effects on your body. I've been on Adderall for years, the highest dosage being 25mg and I was constantly jacked! For your own well-being, I highly advise you to get another opinion from another doctor.

ok so like a month ago i started taking adderall..not prescribed..i took it for about a week, one pill a day. I loved it. I ended up getting more, anothers week worth 2 weeks ago and i finished my last pill yesterday. Now, the last time i got my period was around thanksgiving, and in between then i have been sexually active =/.. please dont rite telling me how bad i am and all that..i cant change my past. but Ive takin a pregnancy test && it was negative. So now that i'm reading this im kinda hoping adderall can affect your cycle. I just got more adderall last night, and i took it this morning. ALSO THO, im not feelin as good as i used to wen i first started takin it..is that normal or no? If theres any possible way its affecting my cycle somebody please tell me, im freaking out.

i have also been taking adderall for almost 2 1/2 weeks now and i usually get my period around the same time every month and since ive been taking the adderall i have not had my period, im almost a week late but unlike you i can not get pregnant because i have had my tubes tied so i do believe that adderall can mess up your cycle, i have taken it before but never around "that time of the month" so i cant say for sure but i am pretty regular and have been for a long time and your not feeling the same because your starting to build up a tolerance so if you want to feel like you did at first you can either stop for while or you can up your dose but be careful because you can die from too much and prolonged use can cause crazy side effects like seeing things and it can make you not want to be around people so just like anything else use in moderation and im not lecturing you after all i do it too you just got to know when its time to take a break for a while... nobody is meant to be on full speed mode all the time,lol

Hi I was just doing a search for irreggular periods on adderall. Im alittle comforted seeing all the posts because for 20 years my periods have been right on. Ive been taking 40mg prescribed adderall aday for five monthes now and I have had two periods and ive been freaking out myself. Hope that helps.

anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

that isn't true both me and my sister are on Adderall 40mg

I've been on 20mg of adderal per day (for my very bad ADD) For three months now...the adderal gets rid of my symptoms of ADD, but it also curbs my appetite and i have lost some weight.
I have noticed that my period is only 2 days now as opposed to the usual 4 to 5 and it came a bit early and once a bit late. I think it does mess with your cycle. I have never had irregular periods before taking it.

Quote:

Put your quote text hok so like a month ago i started taking adderall..not prescribed..i took it for about a week, one pill a day. I loved it. I ended up getting more, anothers week worth 2 weeks ago and i finished my last pill yesterday. Now, the last time i got my period was around thanksgiving, and in between then i have been sexually active =/.. please dont rite telling me how bad i am and all that..i cant change my past. but Ive takin a pregnancy test && it was negative. So now that i'm reading this im kinda hoping adderall can affect your cycle. I just got more adderall last night, and i took it this morning. ALSO THO, im not feelin as good as i used to wen i first started takin it..is that normal or no? If theres any possible way its affecting my cycle somebody please tell me, im freaking out. ere...

Adderall and all Amphetamines can cause False Negative pregnancy tests. You should check and make sure your not pregnant by going to see your doctor!

WOW! I feel so much better! I am 26 yrs old, and this is the first time since before I got pregnant with my daughter (who is now 5) that I've missed a period. Not only that, but I have felt like it was coming on for the past 2 weeks, I have been on Adderall for going on 4 months now (and yes, I have a prescription). I take 20mg a day. I have also had a little spotting and stomach cramps.

I think this medication causes ovarian cysts and pelvic pain. I Developed these conditions after taking it.

OK let me know if anyone has experienced this.......

Let me first explain that I had an endometrial ablation back in June 2010 for extremely heavy periods and my periods stopped all together after that.  LOVED IT! I started taking Adderrall in October 2011, 20mg in the am and 10mg at noon.  2 weeks later I started to spot for 2 days, very light. The doctor said occasionally this may happen after an ablation so I thought "oh this might be that one occasion".  But no, 13 days later i got an actual period for 4 days.  It was light bleeding with bad initial cramps.  A month later, same thing.  Now almost a month later another light period.  Now that brings me to today.....10 days after my last period.....I'm spotting again.  I was fine and had no periods until I started taking adderrall and now they are back and messed up.  I seriously think there's a link.  I've been reading a lot of different forums regarding women taking Adderrall and messed up periods.  I can't wait to pick my GYN's brain about this.  I'd hate to stop the Adderrall because it has helped me tremendously at work and managing my home life...but this period thing coming back has me bothered.

I was just saying how I haven't had a period in so long. I have Mirena. It is an IUD birth control. Since I have been on it.. my periods have pretty much disappeared because of it.. well I took 25mg of adderrall and now i am on my period. I am 96% postiive it's because of the adderrall. If I don't take that much I will spot just when I go to the bathroom whenever I do take a little.. but since I have taken bigger dose.. the side affect is bigger.

HI!! I have been searching for help regarding amphetamines and periods! I have the iud also and I took vyvanse for a year 30mg then increased it slowly up to 70mg vyvanse to find my pms and pre and post symptoms were insane! I loved how the vyvanse worked but I had to switch to adderall. my symptoms have drastocally decreased yet seem to be getting worse now. My doc said she is clueless, along with my psych and psychologist. I am suffering so bad because for 2 weeks out of the month i experience tremendous period symptoms, including extreme drowsiness as if I took nyquil! Also I EAT AND CRAVE EVERYTHING!! especially sweets!!!! I lost a job from not being able to control my depression and adhd. I just received a really good job in a hospital and I really need to figure this out!! Do you experience the same issue at all??