I take adderall xr 20mg. I find when I consume alchohol and my adderall I do not feel the effects of the alchohol, so I am unaware that a I may be impaired. Could this be true? Does adderall counteract the effects of alchohol or at least make it appear as if it does?

hi... i'm 24 and have been taking adderall for about 4 years... probably the most intense drinking period of any normal college students life.

since i started taking adderall, i could drink all night long and never really get drunk. first of all, it makes me feel like i need to be doing something physical at all times, so i end up smoking MUCH more and its like i need the physical aspect of picking up the glass and drinking it to soothe that feeling. (well, i'm not really thinking about it like that at the time but when i look back i can see that or just going from bar to bar, that time w/o a drink seems like forever!) i don't feel that is alcoholism either. my own theory is that it is a drug that makes you focus, concentrate, and pay attention... so even while intoxicated it will do the same thing. when i first started taking it i just got rediculously more social while drinking... now, i still just want to drink more and more but overall (sober or drinking) adderall has taken a real toll on my personality. i'm not really very funny or witty anymore. thats the biggest problem i've had!! but like an id**t, i feel i can still drive and operate just fine while drinking and have been told i do so just fine, but i'm still legally over the limit. let me know if you've got any other thoughts

Hi, I've been taking adderal for 8 years now. The doses varied, but I started drinking when the dose was Adderal XR 20mg. Adderal is an amphetamine and alcohol is a depressant, the amphetamine blocks the depressant, making it harder to realize that you be impaired while in fact, you are. On adderal I've found that I should base the amount I drink to the amount I drink while NOT on adderal. Adderal won't change your metabolism, so basically 10 beers is 10 beers whether you're on adderal or not.

I have taken Adderall for 10 years or so and realized right away that it's almost impossible to feel like your drunk if you've taken an Adderall , but alcohol does take the edge off of the Adderall at the end of the day I guess.