has anyone ever taken a combination of adderall XR & ativan?? i am prescribed addxr @ 20mg/day for adhd & have very bad anxiety to the point where i barely even leave the house anymore. its sad & soo not me. i dont get it.. anyway, my doc has tried putting me on several diff anxiety meds but none of them are helping... lex: one of them made me really sweaty, like bad hot flashes. ick. soo.. my boyfriend has been on ativan before ((very low dosage)) & told to take them as needed. he loved them & said they helped calm his nerves like bigggg time! also, my best friend has a scrip for ativan as well, for her anxiety & she says it has been like her all time miracle drug, lol. she says its basically been the anxiety/worry/freak-out cure ALL!! so yea, basically.. considering their positive experiences on it, i was just wondering if anyone has been on both that (ativan) & adderall xr?? im strongly considering mentioning this to my doc @ my next appt.. well, i know i will but either way- any input or personal experience would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!!(:

I take 20mg adderall xr just about daily and Ativan 1mg as needed..usually not more than 2-3 times a week..taking them together is safe but I try not to do it too often..they actually work well together..ativan can bring down any amped feelings and make me really focus and the adderall xr gets me thru the drowsiness after it wears off..I wouldn't sweat mixing them if you don't take Ativan daily.. That's really the only time I ever hear people having issues with Ativan..or if u start needing anything stronger than 1mg...that's my experience anyway..hope it helps..

I take Adderall XR 20mg on weekdays, Dexedrine Spansules 15mg on weekends ( produces less anxiety than the XR but still controls my ADHD symptoms) and take Ativan 0.5mg as needed for anxiety. The combination works quite well for me. Sometimes I can take both for a few days which provides some consistent results. The amphetamines help me focus, remain calm and reduces impulsive behavior but leave in an anxious and slightly agitated state at times. The addition of the Ativan keeps me calm, cool and collected but still allows me to stay focused on the task at hand. I do not take it everyday so I do not entice my body to become dependent on it but somedays it is very helpful. Lately I have been able to sleep at night but when I cannot I take 50mg of hydroxyzine which allows me to sleep 6-8 hours.

RE: the use of concomitant anxiolytics and sympathomemtic amines is the rule, NOT THE EXCEPTION.