Hey, So I am a 23 year old female, 5'7 and 185 pounds. Yes, Over wieght since the birth of my child. Im working on that though. I was recently diagnosed with ADD-Inactive. I have a two year old little girl and this has complicated our relationship for a while now. Anyway, pretty much I fit the criteria for Inactive. My doctor started me on Focalin, which totally and complelty screwed me mentally and physically. It made it extremly unsociable and litterally angry at everyone. So I returned and was put on Concerta....It seemed to take 4 hours to kick in and only lasted for 3 or 4 hours. Before and after making me extremly tired and irritated. Aslo, and some allergic reactions with my skin and mouth. I returned and shen told me it was because my body was trying to get use to the Concerta and that it was due to the small dose she had me on. She wanted to increase it but i insisted she put me on Adderall Xr. So she did. I am on 10mg a day for a week than its uped to 20mg a day. So far, I do not feel a thing from the low ten mgs. Probably cuz i am not built smally. So I am hoping to feel a bit more with 20 mg. Like energy and concentration. Has anyone benefited from moving up slowly in mg's?
Also, I taking 20mg of Lexapro as a mood stabilizer. Has any one been on this mix?

I am confused and would like some input from others that have been on this mix or adderall xr alone.

THANKS

Hey i am also on adderall with lexapro and honestly i absolutely love it... i was feeling crazy all the time and after trying a million anti-anxieties and anti depressants, they finally put me on lexipro at the exact same time they perscribed me adderall for adhd... i loved it... i feel so much more calm but so much more able to focus... also the adderall lowered my appetite significantly so im losing weight but more than anything it causes me to not eat compulsively even on the days i do have an appetite, which is a common problem with people that have adhd and thats where all my weight came from (although im not by any means a heavy woman, i used to be HUGE and than was skinny skinny and now i am still thin but more healthy looking) but the lexapro with it calms my anxiety also and makes me feel more relaxed which also makes it even easier to focus which is what the adderall was for... so its like double the awesomeness lol hope this helps!

I have been on 20mg of Lexapro for over a year now. I was recently put on 20mg of Adderall XR and I am going through so many ups and downs. There are times when I feel so angry for no reason and very irritable. Its difficult for me to work (in retail) because I don't want to interact with customers.. Other times I am very depressed and I want to be alone in my room. Though there are times when I am very hyper and sociable. Before starting the Adderall I did not have these symptoms at all.. Although I was on the Lexapro for depression, I haven't had any signs/symptoms of depression in over 6 months. Is this a temporary side effect or should I see my doctor about this? Please help!!

What time do you take the lexapro? Morning or evening? And what dosage of each, the adderall and Lexapro? Thank you.

First off with the adderall 10mg XR, you probably aren't "feeling" it because a certain % of the amphetamines are released instantly while the other % tapers off with time. Increasing your dose to 20mg XR will certainly help you in terms of feeling the effects. You certainly will feel more wakeful, a slight mood elevation, and other things such as heightened focus. Now if I might throw out an alternative, depending on how long you need the adderall to work there is always adderall IR. It hits harder then the XR but doesn't last as long. Also sometimes something in your diet might be causing you to absorb less of the amphetamine salts so you should make sure to check that out. Generally when I take my adderall (im prescribed 30mg xr and 2 20mg ir's daily) specifically the 30mg xr, when it kicks in I do notice it but its not like a rush of energy or this feeling of euphoria. Its more of a subtle, motivation/confidence boost with energy to go along. As for the Lexapro, I feel that it is one of the better anti-depressants out there as it has shown to have the most positive effects in patients. It also has the least withdrawal symptoms and what not. However it does give sort of a flat feeling, so if you aren't feeling as energetic as you might hope then the lexapro might have something to do with it.

If you have any questions or concerns just let me know.

Sincerely,

Theupper

Would you mind telling the doses of each you're taking

Hi! Im an 18 year old female and my average weight is about 115lbs. I take 20mg of adderall 2X a day and i take 20mg of Lexapro a day. My doctor just recently uped my dose to this but my dose was not much different before. For me its a good combo. I have ADHD-inattentive type. And Depression/Anxiety. Im not addicted to the adderall (at first I was scared I would be). After I take it, I do feel a a bit of a burst of excitement, energy. But it makes me happy and I can get work done. It levels out soon after but I still work and can concentrate. I have to take my Lexipro at night though because the new dosage makes me REALLY tired now. But it combination works well for me.

my daughter has suffered with anxiety and depression for some time. She just got prescribed Lexapro 10 MG and Adderall XR 10 mg 3 weeks ago. What time of day do you take the lexapro? After 3 weeks she is still feeling very anxious and depressed, with period of ups and downs.

WHat time of day do you take the Lexapro? My daughter is on Adderall XR and Lexapro, she is in college, 3 weeks now and is still having a lot of ups and downs, high anxiety, trouble sleeping, depression? Does it take a long time to feel the effects of the Lexapro? She is also thinking of switching to Vyvanese instead of Adderall.

When do you take your lexapro? Morning or night? I currently take adderall xr and was just prescribed lexapro for my anxiety.

I am going through the same thing you are!! I know this was posted over a year ago so I don't know if you still get on here or not but how are things now with meds?

Should I take my lexapro first than wait couple hours to take my Adderall? Or take them both together. I have been on adderall for 16 months and I love it but I still had so much anxiety and the amount of working out I do is insane. Nothing could make me feel good now the Lexapro has really calmed me I’m on 10mg. Is it normal the first few days to feel kinda weird almost? Like you’re relaxed that it’s weird for you because you’re used to having so much anxiety?

I take 10mg lexapro at night and 10mg addarall in the morning, it seems to be working well for me. When I 1st started taking lexapro I did feel weird but once it got in my system I was fine..

Wow I have the same story! Thanks for the post!

I was just prescribed the same exact thing. What time do you take each medication? Do you take them together or at different times? My doctor told me to take both in the morning but I’m not sure if I should wait a few hours in between. I also have friend who takes her Lexapro at night and says it helps her sleep through any of the negative side effects or cravings it may cause. I’m so happy to hear that you’re having a positive experience and I hope I will too. I haven’t started yet because I was a little scared but you definitely helped eleviate some of my fears!!!!