I take adderall quite infrequently but I have noticed decreased penis size especially while on it, and it seems to be for a couple days afterwards. It does not seem dependent on the mg dosage. I'm taking either 10mg or 20mg, never more. Please let me know, I haven't found much on the internet about it. Thanks!

banone wrote:

I take adderall quite infrequently but I have noticed decreased penis size especially while on it, and it seems to be for a couple days afterwards. It does not seem dependent on the mg dosage. I'm taking either 10mg or 20mg, never more. Please let me know, I haven't found much on the internet about it.

Thanks!

Yes, Adderall does indeed shrink the penis and has been well documented. Specifically. Adderall causes a break down of elastin and a shortening of the ligament that the base of the penis is attached. The combined effects shortened the penis in both its flacid and erect states. In addtion, there is evidence that signaling cascades may be initiated in the smooth muscle cells of the penis via a nitric oxide pathway that induces apoptosis or cell death in the penile tissue, thus physically reducing the actuall mass of the penis itself. The effects can be permanent as well. Incidentally, nicotine appears to illicit the same effects, especially on elastin.

Can the effect that adderall has on penis size be counteracted by anything??
I've noticed the same thing and sadly, even though I notice a huge improvement on performance and concentration at work and school, I don't know if the loss of performance in the bedroom is worth it!
- Concerned and conflicted,
Will,

Guest wrote:

banone wrote:

Thanks!

Adderall can also decrease penis size based on hormonal levels.

Adderall, or amphetamine, works by increasing the release of norepinephrine from cells that produce it. Dopamine is required to form norepinephrine as it is a precursor in its synthesis. As Adderall increases the release of norepinephrine, more dopamine must be converted into NE to replace the supply. This causes a decrease in dopamine. Dopamine normally inhibits prolactin and prolactin normally inhibits gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH). When dopamine decreases, this causes a DISinhibition of prolactin. The increase in prolactin dramatically inhibits GnRH levels. GnRH normally produces LH and FSH, which increase testosterone and spermatogenesis respectively.

In summary...
increased NE release-->depletes DA levels-->DISinhibiting prolactin-->inhibiting GnRH--> decreasing LH and FSH--> and decreasing testosterone levels

Are you joking me? I hope that those were written by anti-adderall radicals, because I've searched all over and can't find one study that supports what they said. But, it did scare the feces out of me, as I've felt like my penis has gotten smaller over the last two years. Basically had a breakdown, because I can't focus or function without it, which makes me useless when it comes to school. But I can't bare the thought of my penis being permanently harmed from this. 
Background info, I'm 16 and a junior in highschool.

Please do not take your own life.

A life of misery is better than Eternal Oblivion.

And your life will turn around

Unfortunately that is not the case we decided to do this as college research product using ourselves as subjects and have noticed decreased size severely now thinking 'bout penis surgery :'(

How long does it take for adderoll to decrease penis size?

im not realy sure how long it take for adderall to shrink the penis ive been taking it for almost 2 years and i used to take it when i was little too but in the past 2 years ive noticed that my penis hasnt grown at all since i started

My experience is actually completely different. As I take my meds it does shrink my testicles and penis. Fortunately for me as the med exits my system my flaccid penis and testicles actually gain in size. I love the fact my flaccid penis looks bigger although I could go without the testicle growth. As far as my erect penis, it has grown at least 1/2 an inch due to my weight lost. The main problems I've had with Adderall is impotence. But this is do to my meds wearing off at the end of the night and lack of concentrating on sex. It's hard to have sex when you're thinking about work, kids, orgasm, among all the other stresses in life.

Omg i just read all of this:'( i use adderall xr 40g and i really hope my penis size isnt perment! I stoped in the summer using it for 3mouths. I went back it was like i startd it all over again my stumach hurt i got headachs. Over the summer i ate alot couldnt fit in my skinny geans then i was happy to be back on it cause i lost weight now i fit in them. But i noticed my penis hasnt grown in 2years! When i had my check up i said to mark down surverly for hearing things and seeing them so i maybe wouldnt have to take it anymore. Then the doctor said he was goin to switch me to a differnt medisen he said it was a new and improved version without the side effets of adderall that was just legalisd to be sold over the conter. I dont know the name but if you know can u please tell me that it dosent have penis side effects! If you know wat it is can you please tell me the name and if theres any side effects? thank you XD

plz awnser back fast!:-(

I've used 30mg aderal. 2wice i took 3 times in one day and another 1 2 days after. its been 1 day since i took it and my penis seems to be getting slowing bigger. I'm a freshman, 15 yrs old. Will my penis grow backto its normal size :O

Quote:

Yesssss it will go back to normal size within a day or two

Gosh I hope you're still here!