I have plans for this surgery and it is imporatnt I know what percentage of issues will occur post-op with this procedure regarding ability for erections, orgasm intensity and difference in sex-drive post-op as compared with pre-op. Be very precise, please. My prostate is on the lower end of size compared with others receiving the procedure, but I qualifying. Also know I am only 45 and my sex-drive, erections and orgasm intensity are all very strong for my age. I have no other questions besides this but very much appreciate questions for the the answers I seek. I tried writing someone here with similar circumstance an email but after registering, i can't even find his posts any longer. Please write me an email via this site. Thanks again.

Don't know anyone who already had this procedure, since this is a relative a very new procedure, that is used for the treatment of urinary blockage caused by non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate. But it makes a sense that there are some side - effects that can cause those problems that you have. Nothing weird, it is all connected and related. In order to prevent this problem, you can always seek for some of the natural treatment for erectile dysfunction that your doctor will always give you. Even if they say that you will be back to normal activities soon, some side - effects can always be there. 

An answer at this site is okay also. I wanted to be sure I could find this post once again.

With prostate health being the main title for which this thread was posted under, and with green-light therapy for BPH being the newest and supposedly best treatment for such...You think there is reason for worry since noone answered my biggest concern of question wherein intensity of argasm difference between post and pre-op of this same surgery is concerned? Is this site only for doctors and referrals or has noone here seriously heard of or had this procedure?

Does green-light surgery for BPH effect the intensity of orgasm? Can anyone answer this question?

Dear friend. i am surprise to see no reponce to your quarry. i had laser surgery in the month of jan 2011. i was on steroid tabs for almonst three month. my sex desire decrease or must say there is no sex desire. i was ok. pre surgery. but not post surgery. even though i am 74 in may 2011.  i have to consult my surgern about this but still waiting for the same. mfs

Maybe I'm late in responding but I should tell you that I had Green Light laser 5 years ago and have ED ever since. So what did the surgeon say? Viagra. But there is a now low orgasm intensity and no sperm. 

I had the GL done 2.5 years ago, my sex drive went down 75% or more, i am not happy about that as the doctor told me that there is no effect on sex drive, anyone else have the same problem?

My husband had green light done In September of last year. As i write this, we are shooting in the urologists office waiting to be seen for continued bladder leakage and E.D. Does that answer your question?

Knightmare,

I am 44 and i had the procedure done 2 months on 9/8/11 and if you want to have children, you may want to save some sperm or reconsider having  the surgery although, because most patients of this procedure, get retrograde ejaculation, which means  your ejaculations will be dry, due to the fact that your urethal sphincter will no longer contract and your sperm will travel into your urinary bladder instead of being ejaculated through your uretha.  The doctor just mentioned I would be shooting blanks after the surgery, but I thought he meant I would be sterile, I didn't literally think I would be shooting nothing.  I wish I would have done a little more research before i had the surgery, I would have spent a little more time considering my options.

Regarding erections I also had a strong sex drive for my age  I was even even having erections while a catheter was for 2 or 3 days after Green Light Prostate surgery.  Then a week or so after that I noticed I wasn't getting erections at all and it's been that way for almost 2 months, I was told that because I had a hernia surgery and the Green light surgery so close together, because it was about weeks apart and my body will probably take a couple of more months to recover.  I cannot find anyone with a similar experience, so I don't know if it's true, I hope it is.  Erectile dysfunction is another side effect of Green light surgery that I have no idea I would experience until after the fact.

The bottom line is: I'm urinating better and I'm not certain at this point if I will be able to attain an erection without medication and I am shooting blanks; I'm okay with that, as long I can get erections which will hopefully be sometime in the near future.   I will post an update in the future and I hope that you will also Knightmare.

Have had the surgery, it's been a year now, having a hard time getting an erection ...i can still beat it some what nothing like before a weak orgasm. doesn'tstay stiff long at all...Why were we lied too. The doctors had to know this. If I had the opportunity over, I would have fasted for a week or two. Let my system clear out completely.  Heard this works and also heard about drinking raw onion juice (which shrinks the prostate). Have notverified this but better than what I did.

big time increase in arousal since my op,6/15/15,truly "hot"!

I had Green Light prostate surgery for inlarged prostate no Cancer. I have not attempted to have any sex, but I am 86 Years old and in good physical condition. What area my percentage . I think with cialis I may be able to performe?

Same here. Like a younger man. Still haven't let myself orgasm wondering how long I should wait. My body seems very ready

Had greenlight prostate procedure mid June. Catheter in for 5 days. Has been a couple weeks and I am wondering when I can let myself orgasm. Mind is ready. Body seems ready but I'm worried I will hurt something if I let it happen. Any ideas?

I had green light three weeks ago and wondering when I should try to masterbate. The tip still burns some after peeing.