Hi, i am 17 years old and i've looked up a lot on this. I've smoked marijuana for a year, heavily, everyday and a lot of it. I got a new girlfriend, and i am very sexually attracted to her. But mostly everytime we start getting sexual, i either don't get an erection, or i get one but it goes away. I understand that marijuana causes impotence. But what if you quit smoking it? how long will it take me to get back to normal? PLEASE somebody help me!

Sure, but it is very important for you to stop. I mean, you can't just say that you will stop and you don't. It is a good thing that you are young, so I don't believe that you are on the weed for a long time, but even if you were using weed as an afrodisiac, you should stop now when you are young because it can cause some problems as you are getting older.  There are so many medical researchers that are claiming that cannabis is associated with male erectile dysfunction. That means that weed can increase the risk of erectile dysfunction in men. THC reaches the brain, you are feeling great when you are high, but so many sides-effects can happen after it. 

You'll be fine. For me, it took me several days (3-5 maybe) after smoking to be able to get it up and keep it up. After a week, you should definately be fine. I was having the same worries several years ago.

hopefully it's only the marijuana. i hope you're not taking the drug accutane?

I dont know personally because I am a women, but my husband used marijuana for several years and had erection difficulty, now three years after he stopped using he remains having difficulty, STOP NOW!!!!

This is very bizarre as someone who is almost 35 and smoked for 20+ years I've never had this issue. Actually being high always made me more aroused.

This is going to sound weird, but "penis rings" work well for anyone. Ive never known anyone that this didnt work for.

A few things.
1. Frequent Masterbation can cause a lack of sex drive in married couples.

2. If you are not averse to adult movies, watch one with him. It may be an attraction issue. You cannot blame someone for thier attraction level.

I'm very sorry for your problem. It's a difficult problem for sure.

I would like to encourage you to save sex for marriage. Society tells us that if we save sex for marriage, we're being denied our "right." In fact, the opposite is true. Truly, sex was made for marriage; it releases bonding hormones that help us to stay true to our marriage commitments. When extra-marital sexual relationships break up they lead to undue emotional stress. Extra-marital sexual relationships decrease good decisionmaking that is necessary for the dating process (ie, sometimes the best thing to do is to break up with someone, but when you're in a sexual relationship, you're less likely to break up or stay broken up.) And broken extra-marital sexual relationships lead to greater difficulty in building trust when you do eventually marry. (If you've had sexual relationships that didn't last before marriage, you feel less stable and committed to a marriage because you've "been there before.")

It may be difficult to see these things at this point in your life, but life goes very quickly, and someday soon you'll be looking back on this point in your life and living with the consequences of today's decisions, whatever those decisions may be. When you're married to the most wonderful woman in the world (and I suspect you will be!), what will you want to give her?

I'll pray for you in your difficulties. I hope you'll be able to quit the marijuana and resolve the impotency problem. I'd hate for you to have to have that problem throughout your married life. : (

mate, you're not alone. You pretty much just described me exactly. I noticed you posted this a while ago, any improvements? did you stop blazing? Let me kno if u resoloved the issue please, i guess u kno how it feels.

peace

I also had the same effect, I think. After smoking pot for about two weeks almost every day I was unable to make it stay hard. I stopped smoking three days ago and it seems everything is returning back to normal. I don't want to touch marijuana anymore because of this massive failure :-D

Actually, contrary to popular opinion, cannabis smoking does *not* cause impotence. In fact, some studies have shown that cannabinoids can increase libido and sexual function. However, there is evidence to show that tobacco can cause restrictions of the capillaries in the penis, thereby leading to difficulty in achieving or maintaining an erection. Alcohol can also cause impotence as can a wide variety of prescription drugs, as well as diabetes and a myriad other conditions.

Is it possible that you may just have a case of 'performance anxiety'? That is, you want to be good for this new girlfriend and don't want to disappoint her?

My experience as a thirty year cannabis user is that it has had absolutely no effect on my libido other than enhancing it.

References (URLs may be long):

Cannabinoids as Therapeutics - http://tinyurl.com/54qqd6

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/impotence.htm

Psychology Applied to Modern Life - http://tinyurl.com/4fyf85

I'm 16 years old, i've had my girlfriend for almost a year now and weve been sexually active for about 9 months now... for the first few months of going out neither of us used marijuana and the sex was good, she is the second girl i've been with so i was still pretty new to sex and my erections were crazy when she was just around let alone being sexual... anyways for the last about 5months we've both been everyday-users of marijuana ... i mean we smoke alot... and ive been noticing for the past about 3 months my erections are FAR from what they used to be...

1. it takes much longer to get an erection
2. when i do get it its not full what so ever and not too confident it can get soft at anytime..
3. and ive been having shrinckage problems, normally my penis erect is 7 inches and now i can get it to about 6ish and its been causing very bad sex and my sex drive is too low.. i never feel liek having sex when i used to about 5/6 times a day..

please if anyone had this problem and resolved it let me know because if it is the marijuana i will stop atuomatically..

well i smoked a lot of weed in my 16 years of living and i have this problem also and i haven't smoked in a couple of weeks and still this problem remains

Wow, this thread got weird in a hurry.
Im not gonna say it cause you know. You shouldn't having sex.

But as far as all of this Impotence is concerned. It could very likely be hormones. Teens are just little raging balls of the stuff. Puberty is a b***h.

Or... your discovered that sex isnt as great as it sounds.

Man, pot can't be causing this. It has to be anxiety or something. I will be 40 this year and this problem just started. And I've smoked pot since 18 years old. I am looking for answers like everyone else.

I have no problems with my wife, who is hella hot and we can get pretty freaky any time. But we're also swingers and I have the chance to be with some damn fine women. I have no problem during foreplay. But as soon as I reach for that condom, it's a race that I can't seem to win lately. And after it happened a couple of times it got in my head. Now as soon as I think about it, it's over. THIS SUCKS!! I have the coolest wife on the planet and opportunities to live every mans dream. I need this to stop NOW.

Thinking of ordering illegal Viagra off the internet or something. I'm getting desperate!

i've been smoking weed and cigs every day for almost a year, we had sex right when we first started dating just recently i haven't been able to get an erection. i used to go out in public see a sexy girl and get a boner this doesnt happen ne more wtf??? i think its cause of the pot, im gonna try to go without it for a couple days see whats happens