I've been taking Celexa 30 mg. for two months now for depression. I just recently started taking Adderall 40 mg for ADHD as well. I've taken Adderall 40mg. before I was depressed and the effects were great. But now I can't really feel the difference the Adderall is making. Does Celexa counteract Adderall, or is there a reason why it isn't working because of the celexa?
right back soon thanksssss
Aquanaut89

Hi! This is a message back to your original question. I had been taking Adderall XR for 2 months, and my symptoms of ADHD had disappeared, and I felt more self confidence, self esteem, and got in general my life back on track, and I hadn't noticed that I was seemingly distant, and had mood swings. I went to the doctor and she decided to put me on Celexa 20mg, and honestly now I don't exactly "feel" the Adderall, because when I was simply just taking Adderall, I could "feel" when it came on, and when it wore off. Now, I dont feel it, but I found out thats the point, because sometimes often with people who have ADHD also have depression, sometimes slight but still depression. To maybe help you out, considering you are taking both, keep a journal of thoughts, moods, and things that you are getting done. I noticed that it has helped me alot, even though I didnt notice or feel it. I wrote down simple things, like "much more calm when i had a disagreement, or got that project done, but didnt beat myself up afterwards." Either way, if your not happy with what your current dosage is, or dont feel quite right, talk to your doctor, their job as doctors is to make you feel better! Hope this helps!

adderall not working at all is it the celexa