I am 34 body builder. I was spammed today with a mail that adderall xr causes stroke. I was very surprised, since I am among those who use adderall xr for body building. This got me thinking… is this true? Is anyone familiar with this spam?

Actually adderall is not as harmless as you might think. It is in a group of amphetamines, which have high potential for abuse. How long are you taking these pills? Do you feel like you are addicted of them? Besides, I think that amphetamines have some negative impact on heart diseases and also stroke. Aderrall xr should be used with caution if used in non therapeutic use.

Hello there. I'm a fellow Adderall taker, I took it for 6 months then took a break for a year and now I'm back on and I can see how I go from lazy/depressed to energetic and diligent and content and outgoing... etc.

I also bodybuild, and it definitely is easier to keep body percentage lower when you are on it. Although you won't crave food as much so force yourself to eat whatever diet you plan on. ANd as far as safety, just try 10 mg a day and add a bit until you find the best dose. 60 mg a day is the max you really should ever take, you will become a completely different person, super manic, if you abuse it like I did at first.

And XR is more expensive but safer (can't really snort it or break it), but the generic is cheaper and you can split them up easier (I take 10 mg 4X daily that way I don't crash all at once.)

He was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 9 years old. He used a combination of medication and behavioral therapy. After a few years, he was able to manage his ADHD without the medication.
------------
smithsan

I was taken off of Aderall and put on Medate because of these rumours, my parents heard this rumours too. Scared them to death.

I'm fifteen and I was orginaly prescribed only 5 mgs of Aderall. I personally felt I need it to get that extra push to pay attention in Algebra two. So on my own I payed four dollars for 6 caplets, I took two at the same time. Is this a bad idea too do, it was two 30mgs?

Your fine, don't worry, just don't make a habit out of it. The only issue might be a tolerence.