Hi everyone. I have a question for you. In industrial societies like ours we are every day exposed to all kind of noises. I thought that hearing loss can attack only older people, but considering noise many people told me that NIHL affects people of all ages. Is that claim true?

Although we are every day exposed to sounds, exposed to too loud or loud sounds can cause damage in inner ear causing noise-induced hearing loss. . In industrialized society’s people of all ages, including children, teens, young adults, and older people, can be affected with NIHL. Many people already suffered from permanent damage to their hearing from excessive noise exposure. Exposure occurs in the workplace, so people who work on noisy places need to be aware of that. Recreational activities such as target shooting and hunting, woodworking and other hobbies, playing in a band, and attending rock concerts can also be very dangerous for ears. Harmful noises at home may come from lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and shop tools.