I have had white noise/ringing in my ears for almost 3 weeks now. My ears also have some clogging on and off and I feel some nasal congestion but this is not annoying to me like the noise in ears. I have seen primary doctor, ENT, and allergist. First 2 said it was eustachian tube dysfunction and the allergist said it was due to allergy since my tests showed I had allergies to cats/dogs, of which I have both at home. So far I have been on Flonase and Zyrtec since this first started and the allergy doc put me on singular as of last Friday. I can't say this condition has improved much. I generally have some level of noise in one or both ears all day, just a question of whether its annoying or not. So since this condition hasn't cleared up yet with these medications I'm wondering if I should just stop taking them and see if it just clears up eventually on its own. The docs have given me the impresssion this kind of thing can take a while to clear up but seems like with all the medication it should have cleared up by now if it was going to. If its tinnitus then the medication is not going to help anyway right? Anyone have experience with this kind of condition they can share? Thanks. o.O

As a person who as had non-stop tinnitus for over 3 years now, I suggest you try to find ways to ignore and forget about it as opposed as how to get rid of it. My doctor put me on Lexapro and I must say it helps me cope with the ringing better.
I have realized I will have to live with ear ringing the rest of my life. There are many people who have to live with worse things.

I'm 15 and I've had ringing in my ears for over two years now and my doctor said it was allergies.... Well it might be (cause I always feel the drainage going down the back of my throat) but everything he gave me never helped. I also would like to make it clear that I'm not one of those teenagers that turns their headphones up to blasting high levels it's just one day the ringing started and never went away.

I'm 16 and I have pretty persistent allergies, but I go to a ton of concerts and my ears are ringing either 50% of the time from allergies or 50% shows.  Honest to god, i find it relatively soothing, like a vacuum.  just some food for thought- hope your doing well now over a year later!~

An older friend of mine, male and I, a 42 yr. old female both have the ringing of the ears. Anyway, we both have neck injuries and we've both pushed the limits a few times in the past with loud speakers. The sound is like the hiss of an electronic device. I've lived with long term chronic illness but have good blood pressure so I assumed the ringing in my ears was about food allergies (to just about everything since '96) and I do sometimes have to deal with unusual amounts of stress. I fasted recently for three days and it made no difference. I'm never, it seems, in the position to do a required, carb. and stress free, three month cleanse neccessary but I do a form of ancient Qi Gong (falundafa.org) and that seems help me overall to get through day to day. Note:  I had messy, crying bad earaches as a child and leaking sinuses when younger.

yes i do , my ears ring so loud that when people talk it sounds like they are echoing if someone says no it will echo and like no no no no, and it is driving me crazy , my doctor puts me on prednisone for 2 weeks and that seems to help quite alot. they all so say it has to do with my tubes and swimming in very cold water

Does you doctor think long term prednisone would help?

How about dizziness??.. bleeding nose when you blow it sometimes?.. shortness of breath, or sinusitus as well... squishy sounds and crickets from miles away... yep...

hate to say it, but your all living with some sort of mold. Could be in the walls, or even a minute as changing a shower curtain, shower towel, to sticking a coat hanger down your drains to see if motor oil like residue comes back on the hanger.

I too have ringing in the ears... our fall here starts to get cold around OCT.. so the furnace kicks in... within 2 weeks.. oh here it goes again!!... the ringing... and it will go till march where I finally break down and visit a dr for antibiotics. Why wait so long you say? cause I dont like the fact of being on antibiotics every year. Sure ringing in the ears is annoying, but eventually not having the antibiotics work later in life when I really really need it too.. is kinda scarey.

Although.. antibiotics will take the ringing away IF!!! its an allergy cause them to ring.. if not they may ring more after antibiotics.

Other reasons for ringing in the ears.. your place is DRY.. your nasals are dry. so of course your inner ear is dried right out.

So now what?? moisture causes mold, yet dryness causes ringing ears.

Think about moving.. or even testing your body by being away from your current home for a month.. see what happens. Go camping, or a trip, or stay at a relatives.

Its April 1st right now.. and of course im here to see if theres any alternatives online besides antibiotics.. so I thought Id drop this message.

My current state?....

Annoyed with winter, dryness, my furnace, and of course depressed with ringing ears.. been 7 months.. yep.. waitin for the birds to chirp the rain to fall and barometric pressure to kick in.. and the ringing in the ears dissapears for summer... until october again.

Its mold.. buy a black light and run it everywhere in the dark.. you'lll find it .. it looks yellow under black light. What isnt mold and you think is mold wont show up lighter in colour under black light its not mold.   try your bathroom if you live with a male you will puke. over spray around the toilet, the back wall the floor.  You have no idea. shine it down the drain.. is you see white spots.. you have it growing in the drain.. 

Ringing in the ears longer than 48 hours isnt from loud music, deafness or cancer.. its MOLD and ALLERGIES.

Mold is fungus, not bacteria. If antibiotics fix it, mold isn't the problem.

I have Ringing in my ears because I have allergies all year round my doctor have put me on cingular, zyrtec, all the above but nothing helps the ringing only when he puts me on prenisone. That relieves it for a while but when my allergies get back bad it starts right back up. 

Watch your salt intake I found out that the ringing intensify after eating foods with too much salt.

i have had this for almost 1 year---my ears hiss and the inside feels like it has a fever--and some itching--not allergic to a thing .docs say I have allergic rhinitis so annoying -cant sleep--and I notice right before it rains it gets worse and if the barometric pressure is low it hisses worse-- nothing you can do for it -now I seem to think its coming from a strained neck==trying to figure it out good luck to you

it started out with a clogged ear, cleaned the ear flushed the ear, no change saw my general doctor, he gave me flonase started hearing ringing in my ear  still clogged  any suggestions

try chriopractor it worked for me when i had blocked ear's and ringing

ringing in my ears constantly, some dizziness, especially after blowing nose, I had nasal sinus surgery in Dec 2015, removed polups, i have been fighting these nasty discharges from nose daily. dark yellow in color, when i blow nose ears pop, seen doc multiple times, doesnt prescribe antibiotics because i have taken them so much