Around the same time every day (right after lunch) my stomach starts making noises. NOT simple rumblings or the sounds made when food is digesting, but sort of whining noises. I've tried antacids, they cause nasea. I added more fiber into my diet, got rid of most 'bad foods' took walks in afternoon (how thats supposed to help?) I just started a new job in a cubical and everyone can hear! Its really embarrassing and I try to type loudly when it happens, but its almost constant some days. On bad days when its really loud, i can feel a pressure in my lower abdomen....I'm at my wits end.

It sounds like the flora in your digestive system are unbalanced. That is, you have too much of the bad bacteria and not anough of the good type. Eating natural yoghurt is a good source of good bateria. Alternatively you can take probiotic supplements. however, you will need to do this consistently. you should see some improvement.

Hi, I’ve just searched around the internet for an answer to my problem, and i came across this post.

I have almost the same problem, but by me, i have it any time in the day! My body is making noise just anytime! i t is so embarrassing when i am between other people and it happens, i cannot know when it will happen, it just comes up any time. I went to the doctor and he recommended Gas-X, but this only helps some times, and not too good.

I am about to start a new job in a quite office, and i do not know what i will do! This is almost running my life! I am always afraid when I’m in a quite place maybe my stomach will "start to talk"!!

If anyone has any knowledge whatsoever into this matter please let me know, so i could try to take care of it!

Thank you.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! I'm a teenager, who eats healthy, does exercise and doesn't skip meals, and yet I sound like theres a monster living in my stomach. Imagine you are doing an important test, where everyones silent and concentrating and your stomach starts talking, and to top it off the guy you like sits right next to you. This is starting to be a real problem, someone please help!

Hey, I ve been suffering from this problem too for now 2 years and I know how embarassing it can be. I ve gone to many doctors and done many tests but nothing has been found. However, two years ago, I had helico bacter and thats when my problems started. Even though the bacteria is gone now, my digestive system keeps making loud noise after almost every meal. However, I have found a solution to my problem. I observed what food caused the most digestive problems and even though at first it seemed like everything was causing me digestive noise, I started realising that i didn'y have any noise when I ate something sugar free. That's when I started looking at all the labells on food and realised that most of them have sugar of some sort. Either normal sugar like in candy, sweatners, fructose, lactose... Fruits, some vegetables, bread, pasta sauce, salad dressing, juice, yogurt and much more have sugar. The only sugar I am able to digest is lactose.
I was said to have IBS which I think is a rediculous excuse for doctors to not make the extra effort to find what the real problem is as it is not life threatening. If you have digestive noise, it's because your digestive system can't digest something as well as it should. So all you have to do is find out what it is. It can be complicated as it can be many things. A lot of people suffer from gluten products and I do to to some extent. But if it just seems like everything is causing your problem, try taking every possible sugar out of your diet for at least 3 days and see if it has an effect. It's not easy but it is worth it. Good luck.

Im 43 years old and have problems with stomach noises since my early 20's. It's so bad it effects what kind of job I will take. Will not work in a quiet place. So it does run my life.

Through the years I have found a couple of things that help somewhat. Taking fiber supplements (Metamucil) after each meal helps. Also, making sure I don't get real hungry and eat a snack between meals helps.

I but given up on trying to elimate this completely. Its still not the normal noises that should be heard but it is better.

Mine all started after having major surgery when I was 25. They diagnosed it as IBS, which also runs in my family. Now the past couple of years, the noises started getting worse and louder. I thought I was the only one in the world that had this issue until I googled it last night. I work in a quite area and now have tons of meetings everyday... I go about everyday not eating at work to see if that helps and sometimes it does help and sometimes it doesn't help.. I have put on extra weight from not eating during the day and just eating a big dinner... I sometimes see when meetings are scheduled and try to schedule time off so I do not have to attend or I just call in sick to the point I almost get fired. I have a child to support and this is ruining my life. After seeing the suggestions that everyone has made, I will try to see if this will help. I cannot afford to lose my good job over this.

Hello everyone!

I never knew before looking this problem up on the internet that there were so many other people besides myself suffering from this condition. I actually tried googleing to find a forum specifically focused on this problem, but unfortunately could not find one. I find it odd that no one has created a community for all of us from across the internet to get together and connect with one another.

Since there has not already been one created, I have decided to create a community where all of us can go and connect that is specifically focused on noisy stomachs. The forum can be found at:

noisystomach.freeforums.org

I hope that you all will join and that it can become a valuable place for all of us to discuss this very mysterious problem. Thank you for your time. :-)

I've had this problem for a couple of years now. I have no idea what triggered it, but it's definitely a huge factor at work and in intimate situations. I've have had to avoid meetings, take extended lunch breaks and try to cover up the sounds with music from my laptop. It's not just embarrassing, but it's distracting and sometimes uncomfortable. The problem seemed to stop for a short while after I cut out some foods that I thought triggered it: apples, vinegar, fatty foods and heavy carbs. But it seems to be back, and I'm not sure why. I had been going out and drinking more alcohol than usual in the last couple of weeks, but that's over now. Maybe I'll try avoiding glucose-heavy foods and eating more plain yogurt. That seems to be the most popular solution. Any other ideas?

I am also having the same problem for quite some time and I landed up on this page when I googled on this subject. I am nearly 26 and I am very skinny. In order put on some weight , I recently started taking high amounts of sugar and fat and the main problem I think is that I don't follow a specific timetable when I eat. I skip my breakfast a lot of times and I eat my lunch at around 3 or 4 pm on weekends.

Please suggest remedies for this problem.

Thanks

Try Activa yogurt and cut back on coffee and chocolates. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water. I like the 1.5 L bottles of SmartWater because it helps me constantly hydrate myself plus I never taste the pastic from the bottle (like I can with other water bottles). Also walk everyday and try yoga.

Best of luck,
rumbles in the tummy are no fun : (

Watch your diet as it could be as simple as that. I consulted with a naturopath and found certain foods that I was allergic to was causing an uneasy feeling in my stomach causing a lot of rumbling. I also incorporated a cleansing program by drnatura called colonix which helped me tremendously. Keep us posted on your progress and what finally worked for you.

Hello everyone I am currently 25 years old and these stomach noises have been causing me so many problems. I really started to notice my stomach noises when I was like 19 years old. Once I graduated from my university the stomach noises seem to have gotten worse. I hate having to do any kind of training, because I get soo scared that my stomach will start to make some type of noise. I actually had to resign from a government job, because the training was 4 months long and I had to spend 80% of my time in a quiet room. I was doing pretty good for the first 4 weeks, but then I got a tetaneous shot and a hepatitis shot and everything went down hill.

I will have to go through another training, which will be a week long, 8 hours a day. I wish I didn't have to do this training, but I guess I have no other alternative. I also want to get my masters, but I guess I will have to try to get it online. There are some schools like Boston University, Michigan State, Texas Tech, Florida State, Penn State and University of Houston that offer degrees online. I hope this helps for those who are in school and hate going to class. I am now trying to go to a career path that does not make me work in a quiet environment.

One thing that helped me a great deal was taking fiber pills (metamucil). My routine would start out like this, wake up and try to do #2, then take 2 fiber pills and have breakfast. I would like like 20 fiber pills with me, just incase I heard any noises. I would have lunch and then try to do #2 again and take 2 more fiber pills. I would also take water with me and also something to drink on that was carbonated. I think that if you flush food through your system, by using the restroom, then this may help with the stomach noises. It did for me until I got the darn tetaneous and hepatitus shot.

One other thing that I noticed helped a great deal was running or probably any other excercise. I remember one time I had to run 1.5 miles before lunch and I didn't eat anything, I just drank water. I showered and went to class and I was thinking that I was sure to have stomach noises. I was soo surprised that my stomach did not make one noise.

I went to go and see a doctor in another country (Mexico) since I don't have insurance right now. He checked me out and said that my heart beat is like off on the 11th beat or something like that. He said that it was nothing to worry about, but that this may be the reason for my stomach noises. He asked if I had been excercising lately and I said no. He asked if I had any chest pains and I said a couple times and he said that I should start to excercise everyday. He also gave me this medication, Creon and this other medication. I am taking them right now, but I don't know if they are really working, since my stomach has been feeling about the same. The doctor told me to stay away from processed foods, such as sausages and not to any spices (garlic, pepper, cumin and other spices) he also said not to eat any spicy foods. I am also lactose intollerant, so I don't drink any dairy products. I think I am also alergic to glutons, so I stay away from wheat, barly and oats.

One other thing that I have not done yet, but am thinking about is taking milk thistle to try to help my liver process foods. I don't want to do this yet, until I have finished my training. I don't want to experiment right now before I go to training.

Well good luck to everyone and I hope we can deal with our problem. It would be nice if we could all work for the same company and we didn't have to worry about our stomach noises.

I have the same problem!!! I am female, 26, really skinny too.

I desperately need a solution too!!!

I am thinking about starting probiotics and the Paragone cleanse somebody recommended. But I'm not sure where to start. Do we need to get a doctor's approval first??? Do these have any side-effects?
Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Just to update everyone. I bought 2 boxes of Paragone and a bottle of Milk Thistle and a bottle of Acidophilus which is a Probiotic. I took a pill of Milk Thistle and Acidophilus last night and I did feel better this morning, not as many stomach noises. This morning I started the Paragone and my stomach is making more noises again. I hope this a good sign and I hope that parasites are the root to my problem and I hope Paragone kills them. I will keep you posted on any updates on my condition. I'm pretty sure I do have parasites, because I have traveled quite a bit and I have gotten sick several times while abroad. I bought my pills at a health store, but you can buy them cheaper online, but I couldn't wait to start. I would recommend the Milk Thistle and Acidophilus for people to start out, but if you think you may have parasites, then I would also try the Paragone. Good luck to everyone and keep everyone posted on what you have tried and what works and what does not. Thanks Eric