My problem started in 8th grade. During 4th period after lunch, my butt would start making noises. It would feel as if I had to fart or something. I don't even know how to explain it. Of course I couldn't try to fart because it was always quiet in that class. The noises came from my butt area and sounded like my butt was whining or something. I don't really remember having a stomach problem or anything near what I dealt with freshman year but that's when it all started. 

Summer passed and I started high school. During first two weeks, the noises started happening. It would happen in mostly second hour and sometimes in other classes too. It felt as if I was about to fart or something and then my bum would make a loud whining sound. Like I said, I can't really explain it but it was EXTREMELY embarrassing. I would always text my dad and BEG him to come get me. Nothing I did would stop it from happening. I thought it would go away and that it was just stress because I started high school but I was wrong. It started getting worse and worse. 

I thought that this wouldn't happen if I didn't eat breakfast and that it was just gas. I tried that and every period until lunch time, I would have REALLY bad hunger pains and it felt as if I haven't eaten in a week even though I only skipped breakfast. The stomach growling and butt noises happened regardless if I ate or not. It got so bad to the point where I started missing so much school. I dreaded going to class every morning and would always fake sick and always make my parents come get me from school. I even skipped classes and hid in the bathroom because of this problem and I would cry my eyes out because I couldn't go to school and be happy like everyone else did.

By the time the year was half way over, it had gotten to the point where I had no hope. I started dealing with a bad stomach growling problem along with the butt noises. No matter how much I would eat, or what it was that I ate, by the time second period came my stomach would be growling nonstop and very loudly. I had stomach cramps and hunger pains also. It was no matter what I ate. If I ate, then I would have to deal with the butt noises and if I didn't eat, I would have to deal with the stomach growling. I couldn't escape the problem no matter what I did. EVERY SINGLE DAY, all I would think about in all my classes is my stomach. If it was going to growl, if my butt nosies would happen, etc. It ruined my life. My grades were terrible because I couldn't pay attention to the class. Usually I would get a feeling in my stomach before it would growl so I would know when it would. Please do not tell me that 'everyones stomach growls' because it was not normal growls. It was SO loud and would happen no matter if I ate or not. Most of my classes were quiet and when it was quiet in class, no one else's stomach was growling as much as mine and no one else's butt was making farting and whining noises. Someone else's stomach would growl every once in a while but it was very quiet and it only did once or twice. But it was different for me. It would happen ALL CLASS and in EVERY CLASS until lunch time. 

After lunch time, my 6th hour wasn't very quiet so I didn't really have a problem in there. The butt noises still happened no matter what. In 7th hour, my seat was in the front of the class and EVERY DAY my stomach would growl really loudly and everyone would look at me weirdly. The class was ALWAYS quiet. I was always looking for reasons to leave and every time she said to work independently I would start to panic and would literally start to cry in the middle of class because I knew the noises would happen. I would stare at the clock the entire class period and all you could hear was my stomach and butt growls. Everyone in that class thought I was the "freak with the growling stomach and farting problem". It was so quiet you could hear a piece of lead hit the ground. It was horrifying.

I constantly had bowl urges and when I went to the bathroom I didn't pass anything out. Sometimes when I did (very rarely) I would feel a little better but the stomach growling and hunger pains would still continue. Before my stomach growls, I would get this feeling in my throat that felt as if I had to burp or there was something stuck in it and It was actually hard for me to breathe. 

I was embarrassed to talk to anyone about my problem but I knew I had to because I couldn't deal with the embarrassment anymore. It wasn't only embarrassing but it was also really uncomfortable and distracted me. It's all I thought about. My body would make all kinds of noise and I began to have anxiety because of this. Every morning me and my parents would fight over if I had to go to school or not. I began going over the amount of absences allowed and would get letters sent to my house. My parents thought I was overreacting and that what I was going through wasn't serious enough to miss school. I would cry myself to sleep every night, when I got home I would break down, and I began having signs of depression. I used to play sports and go out and had lots of friends but ever since this problem started everything has changed. I have developed a phobia of quiet places. I know this sounds really dumb and unless you're me you won't understand. I was starting to become suicidal and it ruined my self esteem. I wish I could go to school with a smile on my face, I wish I could wake up every morning and say "I have a feeling today is going to be a good day" and not one day freshman year did I have a "good day". I wasn't bullied at all but I know people thought I was weird and gross because of it. 

My dad finally made an appointment with a gastrologist. He had me do a couple stool tests and that didn't help. Everything came out as if nothing was wrong. He thought it was an physiological problem or that I had IBS. It was so frustrating because I knew neither of those were the case. I thought it might be a bacteria overgrowth thing but no one would listen to me or even consider it. I felt so alone and frustrated. I was taken out of school by my dad and did school at home for the last two months of school. I almost failed freshman year and only got four credits so now I'm going to be behind everyone with my credits. It literally felt as if I was the only one experiencing this. Every single day, I was always looking things up online. I've read countless amount of articles about different things it might be and read other people's experiences. Believe me when I say this, it basically ruined my life. I thought it would stop but it hasn't. Everyone keeps telling me that it's physiological and my dad got me a therapist. I tried explaining to him that it is NOT physiological because it would happen NO MATTER what situation I was in. I'm sitting in bed right now all relaxed and my stomach is growling and my butt is also growling. My butt not only makes fart noises and whining noises but it also growls a lot. I feel as if my intestine might be twisted or something but I honestly don't know. This has taken over my life and I'm TERRIFIED of school starting in the fall. All I can think about is if my classes are going to be quiet or loud. 

While most teenagers are out having fun with their friends on a Friday night, I'm at home googling every possible thing looking for something that could help. It sucks because no one understands what I go through and how much it has impacted my life. Believe me when I say this, ITS ALL I THINK ABOUT! It happens no matter where I am or who I'm with. When the noises are happening I try to calm myself down but nothing helps no matter how relaxed I am. You have no idea how hard it is being told by numerous doctors that they don't know what's wrong with me. I get told that it's because of anxiety but ITS NOT! I have a bad anxiety problem BECAUSE of the NOISES! I have depression because of the NOISES!

I know what you're thinking. That I'm selfish and that I have no reason to complain because some people have way worse problems. You DON'T understand. All I want is to be happy again. All I want is to go to school and sit in a quiet classroom without my butt and stomach making loud noises all period. You have no idea how much I dread going back to school. My parents have no idea. No doctors have any idea. No one understands what I go through. 

It's the middle of july and I've had this problem for over a year now. For the passed couple months, right after I eat I would have diherrea no matter what it is. Sometimes I even get constipated and I can't pass anything out. My butt growls for about two hours and then the stomach growling starts immediately and I get really bad hunger pains. It never ends. I can't even smile anymore. I'm so alone and no one understands. No one.

If you have ANY idea what might be wrong with me, please help me. I'm desperate and don't know what to do anymore. Please don't tell me that it's normal for this to happe and for my stomach to make these noises ALL the time. It happened EVEN if I had a big breakfast. I've tried different diets and yet, it still happens. I can't get rid of it.

o had that same problem at school,it always happened to me when i didnt pass gas in  the morning or i get real nervous, or i accidentally swallowed toothpaste but my point here is own it ok i know what ur thinking i dnt wanna own it ,it makes me look like a freak,but trust me.if u accept it it will help ur anxiety, when u go back to school if u still have ths problem just tell ppl u got a gastric problem and ur trying to find help for it. and if you get constipated drink milk of magnesia it loosing every thing ,i also heard that u can drink Epsom salt  it helps you not be constipated but consult ur doctor first just to b safe. also if ur gas stinks just bring perfume so out beat the smell of ur gas. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

hope ths helps have a good day. :)

dnt let ths problem make u sad b happy look at the positive things in ur life and not the negative.

u can also private message me on here

I know how you feel. I have the same problem. It started in the high school. I am 31 now. I have tryed enzyme pills, probiotics, candida pills...Nothing seems to work. Life sucks so bad when you have this problem.

oh.. I really thought I am alone. To be honest, WE have the same problem. It sucks if classrooms were too quiet. i used to flip pages just to create sounds, used to do that all the time whenever i feel that my stomach's going to make sound. It's hard because my classmates thinks I'm weird. I spoke to our counselor at school about my problem, she email my year level coordinator and teachers about it, now they will turn on the heater or fan, ANYTHING just to make sure that room's not too quite because my stomach usually create sound when the room was too quite especially during assembly and well being period. I went to the doctor to ask him about my problem because most people dont understand my situation. they say 'oh its just gas, its normal' but the truth is its really embarrassing and it ruins my life, lose my self esteem and confidence and it affects my study. since the doctor doesnt know what's wrong with me, our school counselor's advice to me was if that happen just laugh at it and tell your classmates that 'sorry guys im hungry hehe'. Dont worry we are in the same situation. our tummy only makes sounds if we were in a quite room. and its all in our head. if you try talking somene sitting next to you to keep your mind off it i think that would help.

Hi, Thanks for your posts.  I thought you were talking about me!!!  I am a teacher and I hate quiet classrooms for the same reason you do!.  I have recently been diagnosed as having low Vitamin C levels and while surfing the net tlooking for some answers noticed someone else found increasing Vitamin C either by powder or tablets worked for them. So off I go tomorrow to buy something to help.  I am also so embarrassed that I could easily begin to avoid a relationship or situations where I am in meetins etc.  It has been suggested I have IBS but I'm not convinced.  It has only been for a couple of years these symptoms but the bloating tummy stops me from wearing the clothes i would like to wear and the noises are humiliatingly embarassing. Hopefully the Vit C will work.  Fingers crossed wil try anything.:-@

I went to the gastroenterologist and they took an ex-ray of my stomach my intestine was full of feces and gas he said it was because I wasn't passing gas and having bowelmovents when I needed to I felt so uncomfortable it's a bit nice to know that I'm not alone in this well the gastroenterologist prescribed a laxative powder to drink in either Gatorade or water it sometimes got rid of my stomach troubles but then I knew I was going to have to stop drinking that laxative so I stopped cause I thought it would do something to my body I started eating dried prunes and it worked even better but I feel as though I need more fiber to have normal bowel movements I also feel depressed because I am this way I always used to worry I was getting really bad grades in school well we're approaching fall back to school and now I'm trying to plan something for it I'm really depressed because I don't feel normal at all : but I know there's hope for all of us I think I try to be positive but sometimes it gets the best of me by the way I'm going to be a sophomore this schoolyear

It could be the GMO foods or a bacteria infection which mutated. Excess gas and gas growling is a bacterial reaction or an inflammed gut reaction. Look up more on GMO side effects and foods which reduce gas.IBS is some quick fix the doctors use because they studied over 20 years in medicine but can't find a way to stop this IBS. Suspicious maybe. Try Googling the link of GMO foods to IBD and modified wheat and Celiac.

It sounds like a form of colitis to me. Is there any type of mucous in your stool when you have a bowel movement. Were you in an antibiotic around the time this started? There are lots of medications out there for colitis. Some pro biotics can help with your starch growling, such as florastor or the pearls at Walmart. They are by the vitamins. First and foremost you need to find a gastrointestinal doctor. Colitis does not go away and stress only makes it worse and can send you into a bad flare up. Any gastro Dr would want to do a colonoscopy... yes the prep stinks but bit will be worth it to know what the problem is and get you treated. The growling below tells me that it is down lower and you will need a suppository such as canasa to get that under control. Best of luck don't just sit on this get an appointment with a gastrointestinal Dr.

I have the exact same thing and feel just like you do about it like theirs no hope. Ive had this going on now for almost five years and still cant find an answer to it. I hate having to be around people because they always begin to laugh and say things as if I were able to control it. I wish I could its so loud but me myself cant seem to hear it but I do feel it. Gas or air I don't know which it would be in constanly always escaping my anus non stop. Your not alone and I do know how you feel, hopefully we can get some help through this because just like you I feel so alone and lost because of this.

OMG!!! Your story is a lot like mine. It started in the 7th grade at 4th period (before lunch) with constant butt and stomach growls, then it started to happen in all of my classes. I asked one of my friends for help and they said to eat breakfast and it somewhat helped. Now I'm in 8th grade and that doesn't help as much. The only thing that shuts up the noise (for me at least) is to make at least 2 bowel movements every single day (which is impossible for me, I have constipation almost like, every single day). I thought I was alone, always worried to go to school, always faking like I'm sick or I fake miss the bus, always asking to come home early, things like that. I tell my parents, but they don't seem to understand what I'm going through. Depression and anxiety everyday DUE to the problem. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. But I just hang in there... My first step would be to go to the doctor (I know you've tried, but you still need professional, medical help.) In fact, I'll be going to the doctor too very soon to consult them about it. Then, I'd eat ONLY HEALTHY FOODS, drink 8 glasses of warm water, and exercise EVERY DAY. Your body might get better because of this. Last, I'd think of how your body was BEFORE this all started. Did you have a different eating habit? Did an injury occur? Is there any disease of some kind in your family or relatives that could have something to do with this? Once again, your not alone. I'm only in the 8th grade and in suffering just like you. I know how you feel, the best advice I could give to you is to tell a doctor, do good for your body, and if you could, tell all your teachers in advance that you have a gastric problem that causes constant stomach growls. Hope your problem goes away!!!  (Sorry for it being so long! :-)

I thought I was going insane with this problem as I've been dealing with this for 2 years now and it is such a horrible thing. Nobody understands it until they've gone through it themselves and it is seriously so horrible and unbareable. Everyday is a worry and a struggle for me and I get so frustrated that everyone else has a normal stomach but I don't. I was fed up of seeing doctors who didnt care and just sent me away with pointless tablets... so I visited a private homeopathy doctor to try and get some answers. He was so understanding and he just knew I wasnt complaining for nothing. He presecribed me natural tablets to help boost my energy levels and I paid for a blood intolerance test. Turns out I am intolerant to A LOT of things!! Yeast, wheat, cows milk, eggs, cocoa beans, shell fish, tuna, tomatoes, peppers, peas, nuts, peanuts... ALL OF WHICH I WAS EATING! This helped me out a lot as I now knew what I should and shouldnt be eating. I still suffer with the noises.. gas etc, but I am trying to remain positive as I know these things take time and I havent been on this intolerance diet for a long time. I am hoping it will improve mystomach soon and I am remaining optimistic... even though it is still getting me down. I would recommend you get a BLOOD ALLERGY test as it gets you accurate results. Another tip is to get up extra early and drink a cup of hot, boiled water first thing. This will help get rid of gas and make you pass wind a lot and may help move your bowels (go to the toilet before you leave). I really understand your pain as I have been going through this for 2 years now and still am. Remember - YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! Don't let these problems ruin your education, as I never want to go to college but I force myself to help with my future. Put up with it, no matter how hard it gets. I believe in you!!!!

These same symptoms happened to me after my c-section. It was an emergency c-section; they went in and took my baby out in 7 minutes. They moved my organs around, and apparently that's what caused the symptoms. After a few months, the symptoms went away.... Best of luck!

I have the same exact problem....my parents don't understand and they think I Vulcan control it with my brain... Except mine does not give me constipation, I just get really tense and anxiety builds up until the noise is uncontrollable and I go to the bathroom ir go to the nurse for my parents to get me. I don't know how to stop this but yes, it does ruin my life. I cannot pay attention or sit still because of this.

Hi your problem is not a unique one to sort out this problem will cost a bit of practicing with some food. Onions is the main vegetable that cause a windy stomach and all sorts of problems you just calling. The second one is Pork meat, some people get really sick of pork and this have nothing to do with old food. Some people is just sensitive to it. Coal is another one and believe me if you eat all off them together you will really have stomach problems. I will sagest that you start immediately to cut out these tree products out of your diet. If the problem is still there then i will prefer that you cut out radish and rape also as this is also gas produced food. practice with different kind of veggies until you find the one that is cause your problem. Green Beans is also one of the gas riders. The other thing you can try is to take a enema before school this will discharge you off all the gas and be care full what you eat the rest of he day. If you push in objects in you anus can also cause this problems as it can make a air bubble in the derm channel what can not be release at the anus /good luck feel free to wriht to me again if the problem is not solve.