Hi. Let me start off by telling you my story of marijuana use and tinnitus. I was smoking constantly everyday until January 31st 2009. On January 31st, I smoked possibly some of the best weed out there and I was high for 4 days straight. After the initial 3 hours of the high, I had a moment of clarity where I did not want to smoke anymore because I was REALLY REALLY HIGH. I knew that I had to give it up and I did. After a week, I had symptoms of cannabis withdrawal (sounds crazy I know). Symptoms were insomnia, anxiety, depersonalization, sweating while asleep, vivid dreams and tinnitus. The symptoms dissappeared over a period of 4-5 months. I am completely free of all symptoms except one which is tinnitus. Upto this day I still hear a constant buzzing/ringing sound in my ear. When I was going through the withdrawal phase, I researched if anybody else had tinnitus while going through marijuana withdrawal. And yes. I only found 5 people who wrote in forums that they had tinnitus while withdrawing. I didn't find it that annoying until a week ago. Right now, I have a sinus infection/cold and I was taking solodyn for my acne. And the medication probably aggrevated it. It is now seriously annoying and I can't sleep at all. My question is, has anybody over here had tinnitus while withdrawing from Marijuana and if so did it go away or is it still stuck in your head. Please help. I feel very weak and I pretty much have to stop my social life because of this situation. and don't tell me that i didn't withdraw from marijuana and that it was all in my head. i know what I went through

Did you try to smoke again to see if it clears up? I have heard of this, and I do believe there was even a movie made about it with that guy from friends.

Regards
Dan
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

hey .. i only started to hear tinnitus when i smoked last time... and never smoked since cuz it got me afraid. i tihnk i do feel some depersonalization but i feel its getting better byt the day.. i smoked for 4 or 5 months.. a big joint every night.. its been like 4 weeks since my last j. now im stuck with tinnitus.. im not sure how long it will continue.. do you still experience T? or is it gone now? please any help would be appreciated. oh im checking my ears next week.. i hope it goes well.

peace and love

I'm being sh*t serious .I had tinnitus after I lit a firework off ......Loud ringing sound .Didn't stop for about 1month one day in depression from the tinnitus I smoke weed .Which at the time made it even louder .Believe it or not the tinnitus isn't even noticeable anymore .I know that their is still a problem with it .But I can not hear at all ...I'm extremely lucky I escaped this .I would recommend it to anyone with hearing problems .Even for those against the herb , give it a try it could change your life. People have committed suicide from this for goodness sake .Good bless.

it happened to me this summer while i was on vacation, and before vacation i had been smoking about an 8th everyday for like 2 months with my friends. and that was in july and i still have the problem. but i dont smoke anymore because my mom dosnt want to me, and ive found that smoking weed is the only thing that relieves it. its so bad that i can barly sleep at night. so you should try smoking again and see if it helps because i think it will.

high for 4 days . . . riiiight

Hey dude the high powered weed thats out there my have set something off in your brain function.  I have the same problem and am going to see an E N T ear nose  throat Dr. on Monday.. My reg Dr. prescribed me Trazodone for sleeping and it also makes me more emotionally stable.. good luck        

Hey man, I agree with Hooper.  I smoked every day for many years.  About 1 year ago, I got the rinning/tinnitus after smoking and now almost everytime I smoke I get it. Other things can cause or affect it, but I am sure now that smoking pot creates some sort of vascular or inner ear pressure or nerve disorder in the ear.  Depending on your situation, smoking pot can create tinnitus, make it worse, make it go away temporarily (by relaxing your system), or even cause it to go away (because it somehow "resets" the pressure or nerve disorder).  When I first get high, I usually don't hear it, but on coming down, it kicks in and can last for 1-2 days even when I don't smoke anymore.  This really sucks, and since I am having trouble pushing myself to quit smoking, I may go see a doctor, but of course, we all know what they are going to say.......

Its impossible to smoke anything and be high for four days. Your a liar

I agree. I've recently developed a ringing in my ears but it went away after a couple of days without marijuana use. I work and live in two different areas so I'm not home to use through the week. When I came home Thursday, I had a smoke and imediately my ears started ringing. I've taken the half ounce I had and thrown it out as this is only the second time I've experienced ringing in my ears. I'm not sure the ringing was caused by the weed because I work in loud environments and frequently use ear buds to listen to music but I am convinced that, in my case anyways, the weed is affecting me in a negative way. So I'm going to quit because I spend so much time without it anyways.

dude you cannot withdraw from it... its all in your head
the drug stores up in your system and releases over time so there is no chance
+

I am a tinnitus sufferer as well and want to let you know that since I've been seeing a nutritionist & acupuncturist, my tinnitus in my right ear is almost non-existent. I was getting migranes and they are also gone. I stopped eating wheat, soy, and dairy. And, I am on a vitamin regimen from my nutritionist. I hope this helps. Patty

you're an id**t. do not call someone who suffers from t a liar.

Maybe you had the problem before you started smoking weed, and it got worse but you didn't notice until you stopped using it. Or the weed you smoke was laced, because first off there is no such thing as a physical marijuana withdrawal. Second I know of many doctors that have prescribed medical marijuana to people with tinnitus. It doesn't cure it but it makes it tolerable and weed makes you sleep like a baby. Witch is also probably why you didn't notice your tinnitus. Do your research and you'll see that there are many of causes of tinnitus, weed is not one of them.

I have tinnitus (intermittent, usually stronger when I am in quiet laying down or thinking). I also have long history of chronic marijuana use over the years, with periods of weeks and months of taking breaks from use. Currently I am about six months into a smoking break, and do experience tinnitus. I am not sure though that it is related to the marijuana. I have other health issues and have used sleep aids (Tylenol PM, melatonin), antibiotics, exposed to various chemicals/toxins over the years, and am generally sensitive (emotions/spiritual) and irritable at times. I do think high stress levels have something to do with it, internal anxiety, etc.. Feel better bro. I did experience effective results for other sickness by anointing with some oil (olive) and saying/stating I am anointing myself in the name of the One and Only Almighty God for complete healing. I learned of this from reading in the New Testament, it says to have the elders do this for a sick person and pray for him/her. I reason that today there are no such elders, or at least not known to me, so I say I am just doing it as a physical act of faith, that God who is faithful with accept it according to His goodness and mercy. I have used this when the situation is of extreme pain/sickness or life endangering, and has worked. Even on another person I did this for.