I would like to know why I hear a brain crackling in my head. I am a normal, pretty easy-going person.
I am a 48 year old woman. I have had this off and on my whole life. Some years it does not happen and then another year, I will hear it every month or so.
Even my daughter can hear it when she sits beside me.
When I have asked doctors before, they just smile and say "I don't know" and it's probably nothing to worry about.
It doesn't hurt...it's just a weird sensation.
Thanks for any help.
:-D :$ %-)

rainbow1 wrote:

Thanks for any help.
:D :oops: :?

Do you have anxiety? I have the crackling big time---afraid it is now damaging my brain==during menopause. Had a MRI--showed small brain with mild atropy!!
Does anyone have popping & crackling noises in brain (they are saying psychosis)--I have been functioning all my life--until now--I am 42 years old--can't believe this... Is this genetic or what? I am upset and Scared!

I've recently been having these same symptoms. I have trouble sleeping and get it when i'm lying down and feel slight pain and pulsating. I read on another website that someone who has this was diagnosed with lyme's disease. Maybe its something to look into. I found that Lymes disease can cause neurological problems such as depression and fatigue.

I'd heard this same brain crackling sound for about three years. I'm 56 years old and started drinking coffee about two years ago and within 6 months the crackling went away.

My brain crackles also....wish I knew why...that's why I'm searching the web..... %-)

I have really bad brain crackling for the last 9 yrs, I am 47 years old, it started after i contracted a terrible disease from the tropics , I live in canada, i have a positive blood test for lyme disease as well. My mri of my brain show many lesions and punctures, i guess the punctures are the crackling. I have a terrible sleep condition where my brain shuts down during sleep , cpac machine not too help, I use a mouth device to keep my mouth from clenching shut , so i won't suffocate a die every night. Even with all my proof of abnormal medical results doctors just smile and refuse to treat nothing. I fight very hard to keep myself alive , but when in comes to some weird infection in your brain , we probably need some medicine .I always dream i will come into some money , so i can go to Mayo Clinic and get cured .

my brain has been crackling for years. think its where the spinal cord meets the brain. I am on disability for anxiety and depression. also diagnosed with bipolar. i have had three major delusional psychotic episodes. i'm 31 now. I don't know for sure what caused it, but I think it might have something to do with when i took meth while on psych meds. I'm not and addict, one of only two times in my life when i've taken it. but its seems to have permanantly altered me in different ways. I can also feel a sensation like egg running through my brain. it must be some type of neurological energy.

I also have crackling sound in my brain. Whoever telling that it is sound of cracking spine bones- doesn't understand nature of what we are talking about.
That sounds does come from vessels in the head, not spine. I hear multiple crackling sound when I move my head. !
It's very worysome and disturbing. I don't know which doctor to go, and if any doctor would know what it is.
I read about 10 post today with the same symptoms and no one yet have idea what direction to go to solve this.
I hope some holistic doctor or smart MD would visit this Website to give us hint.

I also have the crackling and first noticed it after I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease 4 years ago. Whenever I go off my herbal treatment (Samento) for Lyme, it comes back. Try Samento...it really works well for Lyme.

anonymous wrote:

Ignore the brain crackling. I never experience any pain when I hear the crackling in my brain. Just keep your brain healthy with good food and exercise. It's never too late to start, but you have to do both. Exercise AND healthy meals. Drink a lot of water during the day (8 glasses a day if exercising) and I also realized that if I focus on the crackling, it gets worse. Too me, it feels as if my brain is moving around bit by bit. But the more I read and speak out loud, the better I feel. Exercise can be boring if you're doing it alone so RUN and listen to music.. AND PUSH YOURSELF. MAKE YOURSELF GO UNTIL YOU CANT. AND THEN RUN MORE. And make sure your chest is up and both the lower and upper half of your legs feel the pain (of running). :)
I have faith that this will help you. And ignore the crackling. Don't let it make you feel scared or down. FIGHT IT.

anonymous wrote:

I have cracking too. I love it. It is your pineal gland activating. For those of us with mental problems it seems to crack more. After years of depression and sleep apnea mine cracks constantly. I think it's activating atrophied parts of our brain. Drugs also increase the experience. However, they are NOT necessary when you can control it yourself. It's the "Revelation". When the sky cracks with thunder and lightning. This represents your central and sympathetic nervous system. Reread your Holy Book of choice. It's the "higher vibration". It's the "third eye". Don't believe me? Look it up. That's why your doctor isn't saying anything. You would never go back. :shock: They may not know themselves. Reading your Bible makes it crack. 2012 makes it crack. Keeping an "empty mind" makes it crack. Welcome to the New Age. Crack open the "Pine Cone". "Break on through to the other side". :D

keep moving your head and neck in circles, side to side and jump! Jumping on my trampoline helps me. I'm 19 and I have brain crackling that I can hear too. Keeping an "empty mind" makes it crack! That is key. Keep your mind going. Exercise, run, eat healthy, jump a lot... and do it till you're tired. Then settle down and read. Then eat. Then watch tv. Then sleep. Normal stuff. Keep your brain active and It'll go away.

I have been having this crackling sounds in my head tp usually at night. It doesn't hurt or anything it just crackles fir like a few secs in stop. I dont know what it is but its scaring me. Its not loud or anything. Could you tell me what this is?

Wow. I completly forgot that I posted this 2 years ago. I just got an email reminder about this forum today. turns out that I hardly paay attention to my crackling anymore. I'm not the least bit concerned about it anymore. It would still be interesting though to find out what specific part of my brain is doing this and what caused it. anymore it just seems to come second nature kind of like crackin my knuckles periodically.

Brain cracklers unite!

Hi, I am 13 years old and i was in my kitchen looking in a cupboard and suddenly i am getting this crackling also, is it anything to worry about, should i get i check out?

Not to worry about this.  You are very young and it was probably just some gas released from the joints.  Drink plenty of fluids (not soda) but water and keep yourself extroverted and healthy.  You will be fine.