Hi, guys. My friend has been suffering from crohn’s disease for years. Some of his doctors are prescribing him Viagra. I must admit that I am surprised by this. Is it possible that he also has erectile dysfunction? Are these two entities linked one to another? I would really like to see what you think about this topic.

When men are diagnosed with this issue, sex is always a huge challenge. My friend spent a lot of time in the hospital and he had a surgery. I know that he was seeking for some natural treatment for erectile dysfunction, but I think that in those cases, they can't help you a lot. I think that if you are diagnosed with Crohn's disease, you need have a proper therapy. He used to tell me that it was really hard - no intimacy, just sex if he could have it. It is normal that in those cases people are scared and they don't feel like they want to have an intercourse. 

It doesn’t have to mean that your friend has erectile dysfunction. I have read that there are some researches that Viagra may help in treating Crohn’s disease. I think this hasn’t been proven yet. There are studies where 50 milligrams of Viagra was injected in 10 patients with Crohn’s disease. It is shown that there is an improved blood flow to the affected area of the bowel. Blood flow is important for a proper immune response. However, more studies will have to be done. Maybe the doctors wanted to include your friend in similar study. If this proves to be effective, we can say goodbye to the steroids in treating this disease. I hope I helped you with this.

Any updates on the Viagra treatment for his Crohns?