Hello! My child has just been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. He has been suffering from severe abdominal pain and diarrhea. And has fever sometimes. He has been prescribed a drug dosage according to his weight, and now we will see what affect it will give. I would like to hear from other parents, to tell me more about their experience with the Crohn's Disease in their children.

Hi there! My child needing hospitalization and he was treated in the Mayo hospital in Rochester. There they treat children from 16 years of age and older. In this hospital they try to treat symptoms and delay or avoid surgery if possible. Unfortunately my son didn’t respond to medication and developed a bowel obstruction and is signed for a surgery now. AT the Mayo clinic they have surgeons who expertise in minimally invasive surgery. It is scheduled for next week. We hope for the best!!!!

Hi I also have Crohns, i am 19 i was diagnosed with it when i was 14. After i started my meds i really didnt have that many problems with it i gained my weight back and all i really have to do is watch what i eat!! It will get better trust me i know first hand! you just have to do what the doctor says and everything will be fine!

Oreoguy

my son was diagnosed with crohns disease when he was 6. this was after being accused of neglect and abuse by some. he got real thin and pale.
also there was a lot of vomiting after every meal. scary stuff! I had him checked for everything from worms to cancer. I was almost relieved to hear it was a disease I'd never heard of. After several years and lots of family support and a daily regiem of different perscriptions, my son is over 6 feet tall and onery as ever. It will be ok.Do your research and talk
about it to others. I didn't realize how many others are aflicted and willing to share experiences.