I have just been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease; an illness I had frankly never even heard of before the diagnosis. Right now I am scared and also a little overwhelmed. I know that I am going to have to follow a special diet from now on. Does anyone know how I can get better protein absorption? Are there any possibilities besides the medication that my Doctor prescribed? I’d appreciate it if other Crohn’s sufferers could share their stories with me.

Absolutely! There are lots of things that you can do besides taking the medication your doctor prescribed for crohn's disease. In fact, nutrition plays a crucial role in treating crohn's disease. You should eat as much soy and fish as you can. These are the best sources of protein, as they are easily absorbed into the body. Thankfully soy comes in a lot of shapes and forms - I love soy milk myself!