Hi, I am a 29 years old woman, and I suffer from Chron’s disease. I have abdominal pain and diarrhea. I already lost 10 pounds, and I feel that I’m becoming weak. Can you give me some advice how to treat Chron’s disease?

Hi, my mother suffers from Chron’s disease. Her symptoms are similar as yours, except that she has skin problems and fever too. The cause of Chron’s disease is abnormal reaction of immune system, which treat food and bacteria as foreign. My mother doesn’t use only meds for treating Chron’s disease, she also uses nutrition supplements like special high-calorie liquid formulas, because her doctor advised her so. In two thirds of all cases, a surgery is requested. I am afraid that my mother will need a surgery soon, because her medications have less effect every day. I advice you to avoid stress as much as you can, because relaxation will help you deal with the symptoms of Chron’s disease. You might also need vitamin B12 supplements.

not sure if this wil help or not, but I was recently diagnosed with a "possible" crohn's and have been doing a lot of reading on the subject. some things that come up repeatedly in the reading, aside from the 5-ASA treatments and prednisone treatments, is the importance of nutrition and of staying away from food that you have a reaction to. this could take some study on your part, since food intolerances can show up three to five days after you have consumed the offending substance. the most common offenders are wheat products, peanuts, soy, and milk products. most reading suggest cutting these out ofr a period of two weeks and then slowly reintroducing them until you have a reaction and are able to identify the culprit/s.

also highly recommended is fiber, prebiotics such as inulin and probiotics.

Also, from personal experience, beware of Flagyl. It is commonly used to treat crohns and may work for you , but I took it because I had an abscess and it gave me three months worth of diarreha. At least the constipation cleared up %-)

I am 19 years old and I was diagnosed when I was 17 when I had to have 12 in. of my small intestine removed due to an abscess that had formed creating complete blockage of the ileum of my small intestine. I have not had one flare up since I had surgery by the Grace of God, and what has helped me be as healthy as I am to this day is my diet. You really have to watch what you eat and respond to your stomach when your stomach tells you a certain doesn't set well with it. When certain foods cause you to go to the bathroom more often or create other pain or crohn's flare up symptoms, don't eat those foods again that cause that. So eat alot of healthy foods like vegetables, meat for protein, stay AWAY from greasy or fried foods, and eat fruit. Also, start taking some natural supplements daily. The best natural supplement you can take that helps crohn's in so many ways is Omega-3 Fish Oil. It helps your digestive system, it helps regulate your bowels, and gives you more energy everyday. I hope all this helped!

A change in your diet is greatly needed. You need to stay away from greasy and fried foods. Include a lot of fiber and fruits to your diet. In addition to that you could do abt a 30 min work out 3-4 times a week. One thing i used to treat my diarrhea problem is Nana Flakes. It's a powdered banana flakes made from dried bananas. I used it in anything, my cereal, yogurt, drinks, baked goods and so on. It's great tasting and help regulate my bowels b y releiving me from this diarrhea. Read up on it at

Feel better

***edited by moderator***web addresses not allowed

I have been going through Crohn's for about 2 years now, and what i can advise you is:

+ eat less fiber and veggies. you need your stool to get strong, not lose! btw, bananas make ur stool soft (which is what you dont want)

+ alot of water

+ eat smaller portions - this will relax your digestion - in my case, i don't eat dinner

+ dairy works wonders for me BUT not all Crohn's patients are like me, my uncle (also a patient) gets in trouble when eating alot of dairy.

+ taking a small walk 3-4 times a week also helps - you need to have energy (Crohn's wears you out)

what i learnt is that each person's body reacts differently toward specific food - when it comes to Crohn's your diet is VERY important!

like, lobster kills me... it triggers my Crohn's and drives it crazy.... mangos also and veggies...

you need to mix and match you diet for the 1st month or so until you hv a list of what works and what doesn’t!

maybe this is what blog 09's digestion calmed down when eating bananas...

each person's body reacts differently... especially crohn's patients!