Hi. I have been living with crohn’s disease for the past five years now. My condition is contributing to other problems, and my doctor recently warned me that I might have to deal with something called Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which is a form of reflux. In the first place I would obviously like to know if there is anything more I can do to prevent this from happening. Besides that, are there any others with GERD here? If so, I would like to hear some first hand expierence. Please understand that I would only like to hear from others with crohn’s and GERD as I am looking for real life stories, not scare stories from the internet. Thanks in advance.

If you have adopted a healthy lifestyle and are taking your medication, I don't think there is much more that you can do, unfortunately. Just a thought that occurred to me - have you looked into alternative medicine like homeopathy or traditional Chinese medicine yet? They sometimes have solutions that are very simple, yet turn out to help a whole lot.

I have crohns disease.  Diagnosed over 20 years ago.  Over the past several months I have an increasing amount of very thick mucus that I gag up throughout the day.  My last upper GI showed eshophigeal issues and they determined that the severe heart attack like pains I get periodically is due to reflux disease.  I take Protonix daily for it but the thick mucus only seems to be getting worse.  I also am experiencing white painful patches on the sides of my tongue that have not gone away after several months.  I have seen an ENT, a pulmonologist and my GI doc.  I even went to an oral surgeon.  They are all baffled.  I have a dentist appointment next week and I'm hoping maybe he can help with at least the lesions on my tongue.  I keep getting told that the thick mucous is from the GERD.  I'm having a hard time logically making sense of that but am given no other options at this point.