Couldn't find what you looking for?



I've known my husband for five years, the intire time he has had chronic diarea, many times it is accompanied by blood, mucus or pus. He also has slight abdomial cramping that is slighty eliviated after he has a bowl movement. We also noticed than when our toddlers gently touched his belly button, he had extreem pain there. The doctors he has been to have told him that they believe the cause of these problems is IBS.
He also has had a dull pain in his testies, and perrianal. The doctor checked his urine, and then told him he had Prostatitis. He was prescribed antibiotics. The pain lessened a little, but never went away completely. About three and a half months later the perrianal pain was worse than ever and he could barely sit down. This time the doctor did a prostate examine and told him his prostate was fine. The doctor cosulted a specialist. The specialist found a perrianal absess, admitted my husband to the hospital, and drained the absess.
The doctor said he didn't find any fissures when he drained the absess. However, the doctor had me pack the wound twicw a day for a week; when I did I noticed that he had blood and puss comming from his rectom. About five days after the surgery, he also had about a cup of blood come out of his rectom, not the surgical wound, after he used the toilet. We went to the emergancy room, the doctor there said that since the blood stopped he thought my husband was fine. He seem to think that we were mistaken about the blood comming from his rectom instead of the wound.
Lately my husbamd has had joint pain too. Especially in his right elbow.
He has also had a mysterious rash for about ten years. He has been to many dermatoligist, they never agree on what the rash is. They have prescribed him many different medications, yet none of them seem to help. The most common diagnosis that doctors have given him is Polymorphis Dermititis.
Sine the rash seems to get worse in spring and summer, or whenever there is more sunlight this seems to make since. However, sometimes the rash is accompanied by lesions in his mouth. They look like cold sores inside his mouth, or canker sores, but there will be a lot of them. They are even on his genitals sometimes. This confuses the doctors because they say Polymorphis Dermititis shouldn't be present in these places.
All doctors said the rash on his genitals was the same rash that is located on the rest of his body, not an STD. I have been tested for STDs three times in four years because I've been pregnant three times, and my doctor did a routine check, and I have came back negative. So, even though his doctors haven't tested him for STD's, I doubt he has any.
They have also dianosised the rash as being Shingles. Yet, sine he is only thirty years old and has been having this problem regularly for ten years I doubt that this is really the cause of the rash. Plus, he has no other symptoms of Shingles, except for the rash. Also, his rash isn't usually located on his abdomon, it is usually on his knees, shines, elbows and neck.
I have been doing some research on the internet in order to try to figure out what could possibly be wrong with my husband. I noticed that people with Crohn's diesase have cronic diarea, get perrianal absesses, sometimes have joint pain, and have a rash called erythema nodosum (that after seeing pictures of, I think looks like the same rash my husband has).
How likely is it that the rash, joint pain, diarea, and absess are all related to one another? How do I convince the doctors to check my husband for Crohn's disease? What is the name of the medicines that treat this disease? What diagnostic testing would you recommend, and about how much does it cost? (unfortunately, we don't have medical insurance).
I would really appreciate any suggestions that you can give. Thank you, very much, for you time.

CHante' Moody


The symptoms you are describing sound familiar. I was diagnosed with Crohns earlier this year. There is no cure for this. What you can hope for is to control the symptons and get this thing into remission. The only sure way to have a proper diagnosess it to undergo a colonoscopy. This way the doctor can determine if it is Crohns or Colitis. The treatment is different for the two, so it is important to know which disease it is. There are many options available, and once you have it into remission your symptons should be reduced or go away. Hope this is helpful. :-)