My girlfriend could be pregnant... So my girlfriend & I had sex about a week ago for the first time, & I mean first time ever. For both of us. She's saying or period is a day or 2 late now & she isn't getting the usual symptoms of her period before she gets it. We used a condom & I didn't even come, it lasted 10 minutes & we stopped cause she was in pain & we had already done "stuff" before that so she was done. Her friend D told my gf hat her period was odd the first time she had sex & I was wondering if that's true. Does your menstrual cycle act different after the first time having sex? I know my girlfriend could be pregnant but we were safe & is there anything else going on?

So update; my girlfriend told me her period was "weird" last month also...I have no idea what that means but I thought I'd include it.

Health Guru
If your gf normally has a regular period that she can predict to the day when it's going to start then pregnancy would be very unlikely having sex around 5 days before it due to start as ovulation would of taken place and the egg will only be viable for about 24 hours and if fertilization doesn't take place it will die, if she has been stressed that can affect her periods and make them lighter or even stop.
That could be one reason why she is late, some females do say that when they have sex for the first time it does affect there cycle just be patient and it should turn up soon.

Thank you very much for the insight & replying quickly. I was thinking it's probably okay but I just wanted to be sure & get advice from people with more experience. Thank you, I'll show her this so she can relax a little.

Health Guru
Your welcome and he you have any more questions feel free to ask and someone will help if they can :)