ok so im 16 years old and i have had sex with my b.f a couple of times lately and my period was supposed to come a couple of weeks ago many of my friends tell me that when they have sex it delays their periods. i want to know if this is true?? all of the times we had sex we used condom and it didnt ripped or anything so i really dont think i could be pregnant. can you please help me?? could sex cause having irregular periods??

Please do not worry i was in the exact same boat im 16 im a boy and i freaked out when my girlfriend didnt get her period almostt 2 weeks late my hair was falling out being so nervous. we did it with a condom for the first time i didnt cum or nothing yet we grinded b4 thinking that might somehow of caused it. But she got it. I would reccomend getting a pregnancy test like i did to show urself ur not and to calm urself once u calm ur nerves ur period should come. so please dont worry this always happens after sex ur period gets delayed for awhile.

I sure hope this is true! I'm also 16(a girl) and my period is a few days late! I had protected sex....and I don't think I'm pregnant but I can't help but worry!!!

It's understandable that you're worried even though your period is a few days late and you had protected sex. I think the best thing I could recommend for you to do is try to concentrate on other things. You know that you shouldn't worry so don't beat yourself up for it. Instead, like I said, try to do something relaxing that you enjoy while you wait for your period. Keep us posted on when it comes okay?

okay..im 15 yrs old and had protected sex with my
bf about a week and 5 days ago..im 2 days late my prd and cant stop thinking whether
if im prego or not..ive been having weird symtoms but im not sure
if its just me that im all paranoid about getting pregnant..im pretty much in the same situation
of yours.. 8-| :-( :'(

Guest wrote:

of yours.. :roll: :( :cry:

HI there, it happens sometimes! I don't think that if you used a condom that you're pregnant. You should be just fine. Let me know if you do end up pregnant--do you think that you'd wanna take an HPT test just to be sure?

hi healthyfitnessguy ,
the last time I got my period was the 17th of july . I have an irregular cycle , i'm 18 . && well , I was suppose to get it on the week of the 17th ish , of august ... which I didn't . I protect erry time , && he doessnt come inside of me . we always cheqq the condom . itts already sept 5th , am I pregnant ? we had sex recntly cause I thgt it might help me get my period . whicch is stupid but , ...... am I pregnant ? we never put he's inside of me unless there's a condom . gosh , please help me ... idk what to do , i'm so lost .
I odnt know if I mention but 3 days before the 17th of august , I was rlly sick . I was shivering rlly bad && I don't know what to do . I have a lot of discharge fluid , my breast isn't swollen . && I don't have lower abdominel pains or anything . so please , do yu have any advice ?

Hi there, I still don't think that you're pregnant. You can skip periods! It's pretty normal for women to do it actually. Are you on Birth Control or anything? Maybe you'd want to consider that just as a backup. What do you think? I think that if youer' still worried, try taking a pregnancy test this week.

no i'm not on birthcontrol pill .
I should consider it though .
but i'm just terrified of being pregnant .
if yu have semen on yur hands ,
&& yu touch yur self , do yu think yu can get pregnant , even though yu
didn't go inside ?

I had sex earlier today with this guy. It was my first time, and we used a condom. But he told me I should take a pill anyway, I don't know for what though?! Help me out..

Ok girls, first of all, having sex does not delay ur period, it can make it come but it won't delay it. But as mentioned above stress can delay it. As far as being pregnant goes, just because u used a condom doesn't mean ur automatically not pregnant. Plenty of women I know have gotten pregnant while using a condom. Remember, No type of birth control is EVER 100% no matter how well u use it. Secondly, messing around can also get u pregnant, it's rare but it happens. Sperm know where they need to go and many times will get there even when u think they wont. It sounds like most of u are young and have irregular periods but I would strongly recomend taking a home pregnancy test. U really need to be careful. Being sexually active at 15 is really not good for ur body physically especially if u get pregnant. A girls body is not meant to have babies that young so if u do get pregnant u could have a lot of problems and complications. Not only that but having a kid at that age will pretty much ruin ur life. So think about it, is it really worth it to start having sex already? Maybe u should think about waiting a few years and save urself some stress and problems. Hope everything works out for u guys!

Im a guy.
On jan 2, we had unprotected sex. She was in or about to get into her period.(a steady 21 days, but a over a year of skipping any sex)
I can cross my heart and swear to die, i did'nt cum(I might have pre-cummed). She was stupid and forgot to take the morning after pill.
The weird thing is she missed her "beginning" period.

By today(jan 8) she had'nt had her period, but about 3-4 days after her period had stopped, her body temperature fluctuated(to cold and the next day warm again) Wikipedia gave the ovulation explenation. Well, to say I googled the subject good and came to a theory that her body is in some kind of a shock and her delay in period could be delayed by stress and the long pause(and the possiable new ovulation) and my pre cum did'nt survive those 3-4 days...

Heres my question: Does sex(even protected one) cause such behavior eg miss her beginning period?

Im going away for the weekend and she will do the test on monday, so I hope to get any answers?

PS: I would be lying, if I'd say I was'nt scared...

Guest wrote:

im in the same boat but to tell you the truth if your condom hasn;t broke and your bf hasn't cummed then you should be happy to know that your not pregnant and stop letting the boy go fast on you because thats the main reason how most girls get pregnant.

Guest wrote:

OK, you are obviously not a teenager. Teenager girls periods will be delayed do to stress and hormones. Everytime my boyfriend and I have sex, my period is late. It always comes, so I just stopped worrying. Then you said a young girls body is not meant to have a baby. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

ok so i had protected sex but i think im late
i have been discharging a lot!!
could i be pregnant