I had sex with my girlfriend on Friday morning on October 14 and im scared that she's pregnant. It was during her period!!How many days after having sex can you take the Plan B Pills???Is it too late to take it now??Please someone HELP!!!

I think Plan B is effective for the first 72 hours after intercourse but I could be wrong.  That would mean she would've had to take it this morning for it to be as effective as possible.  If it was during her period, I think it's less likely that she may be pregnant. 

Hi Tim,

It is unlikely she is pregnant.

Your sperm will last about 5 days. The egg is only viable for about 48 hours after ovulation. Most women ovulate between days 11-16, day 1 is when her period starts. So, if her period lasts less than 6 days the odds are pretty low.

Even when everything is perfect, they are only about 1 in 5.

As MrsD says, Plan B is effective taken within 72 hours. There are other Emergency Contraceptives that are good up to about 5 days so you do have time. If you live in the US, you need to see a doctor, or family planning clinic, for these other contraceptives as they require a prescription. Plan B does not.

Good luck.

Medic Dan! take a look at my own question - strange period cycle - worried about pregnancy? 

thanks so much!

thanks you so much ;) just found out she's not pregnant but im still not sure, but again thanks for the advices

Timothy, I hope everything turns out in your favor.  Just be extra cautious next time. :)  I know in the heat of the moment it may be difficult but you honestly have to think about the fact that a split second decision can change your entire life.  I have had a few friends who have chosen to have abortions and these women and men have told me that there is not a day in their life that they don't think about that decision.  Some regret it and others don't but either way, if you give yourself the choice instead of having it be an accident, you will probably feel better about it.  You can find a Planned Parenthood near you where they offer free condoms and birth control. 

hi i have a question..i had sex for the first time and he pulled out before he came. im on birth control but do you think i could get pregnant from precum? and it's been 4 days so is it too late to take plan b?

Hi Guest,

If you are on birth control and take it as directed you DO NOT NEED to take Plan B. It is NOT as effective as daily birth control.

thank you! how likely is it do you think im pregnant?

My gf was supposed to start this morning she didn't we had unprotected sex 4 days ago she's on birth control she had the stomach virus yesterday could that be a reason she missed her period on time?