Hi, I have always liked cats, but I just could not decide to by one until three weeks ago. For the first two weeks everything was going great. I was so happy and Kitty wasn't complaining either. Kitty is my cat's name. But, the last couple of days were nightmare for me. At first I thought that I was coming down with a cold. I am sneezing and my nose is runny all of the time. I think that I am allergic to my cat. I like Kitty very much and I would not want to give her away. Is there some way for me to keep the cat and get rid of the allergy?

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your problem. I think that the most reasonable solution for you would be to give Kitty away. However since you are not interested in this, in my opinion easiest, solution there are a few things you can do to ease down the symptoms of your allergy. After all, people who are allergic to dust mites also can not eliminate the cause of their allergy and they use these tricks to control the allergy reactions. First of all your bedroom has to be cat free. There can not be a single trace of cat presence there. Washing your linens more often with hot water will also help. Next buy air filters for your house in order to keep the air free of cat allergen. Vacuum frequently all of the carpets, chairs and furniture because the allergens tend to stick to these areas. Besides from vacuuming, using vapor cleaners can help you tremendously. And finally, keep your cat very clean. I hope that these tips will allow you and Kitty to have a happy life together.