I've smoked at least 3 joints a day for the past 20 years and when given the opportunity, as many as 15. Not the rubbish soap that most Brits put up with, but the real McCoy, usually from Amsterdam. I finally decided to pack it in and ended up at my GP after 4 days, as I thought I was seriously ill. If only I had scanned these forums first, I could have saved myself a lot of stress. Anyone who says that there are no physical withdrawal symptoms from cannabis is badly misinformed. Night sweats, sore throat, anxiety, loss of appetite, difficulty sleeping. I could go on. Had blood tests for some horrible illnesses, all of which turned out negative, thank God. My doctor laughed it off when I suggested it might be cannabis. Don't take advice from someone who has never been in the same boat ! This really has given me a wake up call. 7 days on and the symptoms are already pretty much gone and my life is already so much fuller. I have secured a very lucrative new job and everyone around me has noticed how much sharper I am (most of them don't even know what I've been through). If you're reading this and are in the same situation as I was a couple of weeks ago, give yourself a slap. You are wasting your life and playing a dangerous game with your physical and mental health. Just stop. What's 7 days of pain compared to what you'll get back for doing it ? Take a week off, bin \ sell your stash and do it today.

Addiction and quitting...it's always hard.

I mean, as much as I want to live a dependence-free lifestyle, I'll never give up my addiction for oxygen, carbohydrates, lipids and proteins.

Being a smoker myself, and having been at various stages, including addiction and withdrawal, I have to say that anyone saying that there is no withdrawal is...simply responding in kind to all the propaganda about marijuana that's out there.

But two wrongs don't make a right, and an eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

And yes - it's totally worth it to quit - if you were seriously addicted and felt it was inhibiting your achievements or /and life. But I wouldn't have asked the Beatles or Pink Floyd to stop taking LSD.

Until Marijuana is legalized, and studied properly, expect your non-smoking (or hardcore smoker) doctor to laugh at that. But I hope the new generation of doctors, will, instead, ask you,
"Can you go into detail? This is interesting and hasn't been explored yet."

I smoke three to six times a day. I live in BC, we get the good weed. I have been smoking every day consistantly for over a year.

As of right now, I have a sore throat, with a bit of phlegm in the back of my throat. Not enough that I'm coughing up tons of phlegm, just an itch in my throat. Because of this, I haven't smoked weed today or yesterday, and am waiting for the sore throat to be gone before I continue. I most likely contracted it from a friend who was coughing around me and complaining of a heavy phlegm in his throat.

The only reason I'm doing this is because while weed actually makes my throat less irritable while I'm high, but in the end it will cause my sore throat to last longer than it normally would.

In these two days so far, I have not felt any kind of withdrawl. No night sweats, anxiety, or loss of apetite. Surprisingly, I did not have any trouble sleeping last night, as I was very tired from a physically exhausting day. Before I started smoking cannabis I was a mild insomniac and ALWAYS had trouble falling asleep, so while I haven't experiencd that as of yet, I did frequently before I had begun smoking cannabis.

Aswell, my friend who smoked about as much, had quit for a month because he was expecting drug testing for a sporting event he had coming up. In the end there wasn't any drug testing, and the only symptoms he had described was that he missed getting high, and mild cravings on the first day only.

While you may have had severe effects from your "withdrawl" it is not respectable for you to assume this is the norm. Although, I will admit that our higher potency cannabis may be better than the stuff that you think is from amsterdam. I know the guy who grows my weed, I've seen him fertilize it with organic fertilzers, can you say the same? Smoking pesticides is never good for you, and you can never be too sure unless you know your grower.

I have a prescription, live in California, and only smoke lab tested marijuana. 15 years of smoking and many times I've had to quit with no noteworthy symptoms. Then one day recently I quit and 2 days later the night sweats started, then the nausea and the fatigue and hot flashes and chills began. The difference? I was picky and only smoking that which tested over 22% THC for the past 5 months, and many of those strains had low CBD levels or none at all. I read several reports on the internet that strains with low CBD and high THC have been proven to cause psychosis in some chronic smokers. So I believe this is the main link and why some people experience very severe withdrawals and others don't. I think low CBD and high THC could potentially be a dangerous combination for the brain and that people who have not experienced these symptoms may not have smoked strains with this combination frequently enough to experience this for themselves.

I had stomach aches and could not eat . All screwed up from smoking very heavy . I went to a gastroenterologist and I did not write this down . Doc asked if smoked weed . Yes . Quit and come back in a month . No need to go back I am done for life with weed .