Hi, I have problems with my bladder. I am diagnosed with IC. I had problems with adapting to some medications, so my doctor gave me Elmiron yesterday. He says that it will help. Now, I have heard that Elmiron is a blood thinner. What exactly it means? Should I be aware of something?

Yes, Elmiron really is a blood thinner. Weak one actually but still a blood thinner. It can provoke bruises and bleedings. Also it can happen that blood appears in your urine or even stool. If you notice that contact doctor. Also if you are already taking some blood thinner dont take with Elmiron. Aspirin should also be avoided as combo with Elmiron.

Elmiron is a slight blood thinner. Just so you know, it takes a while for Elmiron to work (my doctor said 4 months - although I saw relief in two months). I take it regularly and have seen no side effects. I have, however, seen a complete reduction in all of my IC symptoms. I have modified my diet to avoid triggers, but Elmiron makes it so that I am symptom free. It is worth every penny that I pay for it.