I had some problems and misunderstandings with my general practitioner so I had to change doctor. He was switching me from one therapy to another all the time. I have problems with bladder (interstitial cystitis). The most positive effect on me had elmiron but my ex-doctor had I different opinion and he made me switch the treatment. I want to take elmiron again. Tell me should I take it continually?

I am taking almiron for more then 7 months, and I can say that I have very positive experience with it. As time past I feel better and better. So I suppose that continual use have something to do with it. Now I dont have to go to the bathroom every ten minutes and my pain is much better. My doctor says that it has to past 3 to 6 months to work and 6 to 12 months to work well. It is because it helps in slow rebuilding of GAG layer of the bladder.