Can I get some information about vaccines and newborns please? I am trying to find out when babies generally get their first vaccine shots and what these shots are for? If you don't know but know where I can find out about this, links would also be welcome! Thanks in advance.

First vaccinations are generally administered in hospital, for babies who are born in a hospital, and this in the first day after birth. I know that one of them is the Hepatitis B shot - I remember it because this is the one that we refused for our baby - and there is one more, for I think rotavirus? Or meningitis?

Hi there,
Vaccination is very important in healthy development of the babies. You have to understand that this will prevent many possible disease in the future and you will avoid many complications later in life. I think that the first vaccine is administered right after the birth at the hospital. And after this you have the next vaccination after two months. Your doctor will tell you about all the important vaccination and when is the time to get them administered. The fact is that you need to take your baby to the hospital to get administered so you won’t get it wrong and mix the vaccines or dates when the vaccination is scheduled.

All the best,
Danella