Hi, I have just returned from the hospital where I had been for couple of hours due to my knee injury. I fell from a bike, nothing serious but the knee started bleeding badly so I had to seek medical help. I also received tetanus and I am curious about it. Is it necessary to take tetanus when injured?

Yes it is. Especially when there is a wound/injury happening. Tetanus bacteria can be found on the ground, in the soil in the spore form (inactive form). And once in the environment that suit it perfectly, which a wound definitely is, it becomes active and starts making damage which might even end fatally.

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking in most cases doctors give you this vaccine in order to prevent the possibility of infections in your body. I have a friend who recently had an car accident and I know that he was telling me all about it. He mentioned that he got tetanus vaccine as well. Did you have any tears on your skin? You have to know that bacteria and the viruses can easily get in your blood if you get injured which later can cause many problems in your body. I hope that you won’t have any further complications and that you will get better soon.

Best wishes,
Marco