Gee, these little buggers sure do get around. It's funny, though, when I talk to most folks, they have NO clue what it is.

I suffered major headaches from when I was a young child (I can predate them to at least age 12). Initially mom wrapped it all up to simple "growing pains" figuring the female hormones were setting in and . . . well I guess not. The headaches became blinding migraines. At 19 my regular doctor took pity on me and issued an MRI script. It revealed a 15mm x 7 mm x 15mm cyst in the pineal gland.

As I read here I realize we all have VERY similar issues, however, you would be hard pressed to find a doc who will admit that these cause pain. Apparently, they are incorrect, from what I read - and it only makes sense that anything pressing against the brain could cause discomfort.

I also have PCOS, and can't help but wonder if the two are related.

Apparently the reason they don't want to operate to remove these types of cysts is that the risk of opening and maneuvering the brain commonly outweighs the discomfort of the cyst being there in general. At least that's what I was told.