I had a catscan as a result of a car accident. The catscan revealed a 2 cm mass. ( an incidental finding ? ) I am now scheduled for an mri. From what I've read, the size of the mass is large for the pineal region. I have been experiencing dizziness, feelings of being off-balance, disoriented. I'm nervous about the test, but know that it should help determine what the next step should be. Any input from others on their own experiences regarding symptoms for a mass this size. thanks!  

Pineal cysts are, almost always, discovered accidentally, when the scan is done for other purposes. That is because smaller cysts (up to 1am in size) rarely cause any symptom at all, but 2cm pineal cysts is definitely bound to cause symptoms because it increases intra-cranial pressure. No matter the size, these cysts are benign and its only their size that leads to symptoms like the ones you are experiencing. Since symptoms are already there and cysts is this big, the further tests definitely need do be done to see the exact impact the cyst has and that is what will determine the kind of treatment you will get.