Hi there! I am 18, and I have never tried exctasy even thought some of my friends have and they told me it was a blast! What sort of effect does exctasy have on people?

Well, there are all sorts of effects exctasy can have and they are not all blast believe me. Taking an ecstasy can give you a feeling of bless, happiness, and joy at first but then feelings of detachment , loss of drives such as hunger, sleep, and sexual, muscle tension , sweating or chills, insomnia, hypertension. There could also be long term effects such as change in emotion, change in brain chemicals, high blood pressure, affects memory and psychical effects like confusion, depression, sleep problems, anxiety, paranoia and hallucinations and panic. Knowing all of this…would you even consider taking drugs? I wouldn’t!

my wife and I have taken exctasy together 10 times in the last 6 years. If taken in moderation like that is exctasy still harmful.

There were many studies on ecstasy’s effects on human brains and it seems that all the impairment that may ensue from ecstasy abuse is dose related. So, those who used Ex more will probably suffer from greater impairment than those who used it occasionally.

This is what MDMA (main EX ingredient) does inside the brain. It affects serotonin in the brain, one of the neurotransmitters that transfer messages across the synapses between adjacent neurons. Serotonin regulates mood, thought processes, sleeping and eating patterns, reaction to external stimuli and control of motor activity in the body.

These neurotransmitters are produced by one neuron, released into the synapses, transmitting information to another neuron and are being absorbed back into the first. This re-absorption is called reuptake. Ecstasy prevents this reuptake, so that more serotonin would stay in the synapses, over flood them and cause the levels of serotonin to be high. When these levels are high, we get all that we usually get from an EX.

This flood is usually followed by decrease in levels and this is why we experience low mood, the feeling of stupidity once the drug stopped working.

The question is whether EX causes permanent low levels of serotonin and whether it causes long-term neurological (brain) damage. Like I said in the beginning, it has been linked to the amount of EX taken. PET scan showed that people who used Ex have lost some of the serotonin transporters. These are the sites on neuron surfaces that reabsorb serotonin from the space between cells after it has completed its work.

Problems we would experience from serotonin lack i.e. low levels are memory problems, both visual and verbal. Other possible impairments would include ability to reason verbally or sustain attention.

These were the facts but I would also like to share personal experience. If you and your wife have noticed any impairment in your memories, problems of thinking of the right word in your own language at the exact moment, problems concentrating and other cognitive problems, you should know that they are EX related.

The problem is that you never know what you get in a drug, whether you would get pure MDMA or something that resembles it, or something that’s not MDMA at all. In poor(er) countries, people get bad quality drugs and I am sure that the bad effects are also worse.

I myself have used Ex like ten times in the last 4-5 years and am already experiencing problems. One of the biggest problem is impaired short term memory as well as concentration.

Are you two also experiencing any troubles or were you just wondering?

i used to be on antideppressants and all my friends would take ex so i wanted to try it but when i did i would never feel its effects i soon realized that most anti deppressants counter act the effects of exctasy after i stopped takin my medication i began to feel the effects it was the best feeling in the world!! but then the fourth or fifth time i took it i had a horrible experience, the feeling was so intense i thought i was going to die i had some friends to calm me down but it really was bad after that i never took it again but i have flash backs every so often and i have severe anxiety that i never had before i used that drug, so my advice to anyone is stay away from it because yeah it feels good when your on it but it makes the rest of your life horrible when your not on it plus the feeling last so long that if you have a bad experience it feels as though it will never go away!

HI USED TO TAKE E'S ALL THE TIME I LOVED THEM N ONLY ONCE HAD A BAD SIDE EFFECT BUT THAT WAS WITH VODKA ASWEL BUT THEY CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS MY FRIEND ONCE HAD A BAD PILL N SHE WAS REALY SICK WEN I WAS PREGNANT N STOPPED TAKIN EM I TAKE A BIT OF SPEED NOW N THEN BUT I WOULDNT TAKE PILLS AGAIN.LOOKIN BACK NOW I THINK I WAS STUPID N IF I HADNT OF BECOME PREGNANT I WOULD STILL BE DOIN THEM NOW OR BE DEAD!DONT DO THEM U TRY THEM ONCE N YOU'LL KEEP DOIN EM

hey fellow pill-poppers... me and my very good mate have been doing ecstacy every weekend for about the last 5 months...and we so know what you mean about the damage it has on your brain, especially the not being able to remember words part, when you were just about to say something and it just dosen't come out...like it got lost or something... it can be frustrating aswell as embarrassing- our other friends are kinda 'anti-drug' people so they see us making fools of ourselves often because they refuse to take them with us and remain soba, they make things a million times worse when they're telling you what you did the night before and you have absolutly no recollection of it happening, i know loads of people who get like thatwhen they get really drunk or something but sometimes i don't even believe the stories because i really can't remember doing it or imagine acting the way they are describing, its horrifying some of the stuff i've done or said it makes me cringe soooo much, i'd love to stay ignorant of my actions, but my friends love telling me what a twat i was lol. Overall i think ecstacy has a major effect on me as a person, even when i havn't taken them i feel the effects, if i'm just drinking or smoking weed i get a rush similar to ecstacy. I know one day we have to stop because we have got in so much trouble with them people have turned on us because of the way we are when we go out... for some reason the pills make us want to love everyone lol we hug strangers in clubs and kiss all our mates, sometimes it goes too far but we don't always remember that. latley i can't consentate on anything i fall asleep through any film, i get in trouble at work for not paying attention and messing up all the time, my college is going a bit mad at me becuse i haven't finished my coursework....so why do i still take them????? i don't know i have no answer to that but i just love it... i love going out and going mad and just having some wild adventures, and there have been ALOT of wild adventures lol i just don't think my life would be as excitng without them which is kinda depressing... comparing the pros to the cons i know i have to stop but i can't..i'm not gonna say i'm hooked either because then i'll HAVE to do something about it, and i'm not ready to do that yet..it's funny because the only reason i started doing them is because i couldn't afford to keep having cocain..pills are a cheap thrill, we can have up to 5 pills in one night which can have some amazing effects it's hard to explain the pure happiness you feel when your high on them everything feels brilliant..talking, dancing, kissing, telling eeyone you love them when you don't even know who they are lol it's sad because i can't stop when i know that one day it's gonna get really out of control and i won't be able to fix it.

= dawn I am 33 yr old ,,,I did alot off exstacy 9 years ago for a few months 3 times a week,,, Ya it was awsome for awhile,,,I found out I was pregnant and didn,t touch it again until after my son was 6 months old tried it again afew times but it wasn,t the same the feelin was mild and wasn,t likke it was before,,,so I stopped taking it,,,Afew years later I hooked up with a few friends that always had lots,,,,so it was a weekend journey again,,,I had a bit of a reality check # years ago,,,got messed up with my friends and went to the club,,,My friend and I got into a fight with a couple girls and hurt them quit abit,,,NOT GOOD,,,Did it a few more times after that weekend and got into more fights,,,I stopped exctasy when i realized that i was becomin someone that i wasn,t ,,,,I was havin physcotic eppisodes and totally trippin out,,,deppression,,anxiety,,worthlessness,,I started to give up on alot of things in life,,,I went on anti depresents and mood stablizers,,,,AND thats not all,,,Kidneys are messed up,,,kidney infections 3-4 times a year ,,,Now i am goin to the specialist and get my kidneys workin again,,,I took awhile for me to admit that i had been an addict to exctasy,,, but now I AM CLEAN,,, 3 years and I am Proud,,, So are my family and friends,,,My too boys are happy thatv mommy is happy again,,,DON

I hope everyone reading this will take all this in. My son is 21 years old. An absolutely wonderful son and best friend to lots of people. As I am typing this he is sitting in a jail in Texas. One week ago tonight he took three of these speed based pills. A "friend" gave them to him. Later that night he broke into his father's house and stole several items and burned his house down. If anyone reading this could meet my son you would never believe he would ever be capable of doing such a horrific crime. He had NEVER been in trouble at all. No speeding tickets. No ciminal record what so ever. I just got off the phone with a good friend of his and he confirmed what my son has said, that he has never done any other drugs before besides weed. And he drank very little. I'm crying as I am pleading with anyone reading this to please stay away from the drug. The items can be replaced. But my son's life and the life of several others, will be forever changed because of that one night. When I hung up the phone about an hour ago from talking to my son he said he feels like he is going crazy. He has not been able to sleep in six days. I know he will be fine in time. I have to trust that he is in the Lord's hands.

Ecstasy mmm one of my favorites, It makes you feel very good, If you are at a concert or rave where mostly everyone is on E you may realize everyone is your best friend. Its common to get very distracted and to talk to random people and even talk about things you normally wouldn't. I do not advise the use of E without a female and or male who would make out with you or do things with you, you become uncontrollably turned on. One major thing a few of my friends have noted is that while on E you can look at your flaws from a very realistic view and you think of how to better yourself. I've heard from multiple people that chicks roll harder than guys roll, and if you find yourself a wide variety of E ask if they are triple stack or double stack, I don't even touch E unless its a triple stack because double stacks are just not as great. With E more is not always better like when it comes to pot, Most people I know have a dose they do not exceed, A few of my friends take only one, my older friends take usually two, and me and my girlfriend take one and a half. If you come across molly (pure MDMA) do not take just one unless you are a female because guys usually require two mollys. Stay safe, don't over abuse it, concerts are the best times to do them, but normally if its a techno show because E goes with the raver subculture. Peace yo

As with any other mostly benign drug that the government has made illegal, MDMA used in moderation will not cause a lot of harm. All of the stories you see where people are saying it ruined their lives come from people whose lives were basically already ruined. Some of them were crack addicts, some actually became addicted to E, some were perhaps government agents trying to scare you, brainwashed Christians who got bored and came here to make up a story, etc. 

I know a lot of responsible people who have tried "E", and they are all fine. Psychotherapists used to use it to help people come to understand themselves and others. Honestly, I would tell you not to use it unless under the supervision of a trained physician, but that's not possible, is it? So just don't be an id**t.

Check out this link for some truthful information about the substance.

http://www.tripproject.ca/trip/?q=book/export/html/76