Hello, I am 17 years old guy who loves ecstasy. It is the best feeling for me to take ecstasy on every party and I feel so relaxed. I just want to hear someone else's experiences with it. So tell me is it great or what? Before I heard it is dangerous but I really don't know what's the fuss about it.

Hi there, please read carefully what I have to say. That drug can be only bad for you. I know it is interesting for you to try this but please be reasonable. Eventually it can kill you. Answer me this, have you consider taking heavier stuff. That would be really bad because I know many good people who are now dead because they had the same opinion like you. So I will tell you again, I mean I will beg you to stop taking ecstasy.

I was taking ecstasy while I was at college. I guess that I wanted to "fit in" with all those people who were taking it as well. I can't tell for sure, but very soon this became something that I can't imagine my night life without. I can describe ecstasy effects like this - after taking it I was relaxed, happy and I was not scared of anything. But you need to know one thing - ecstasy is called ecstasy for the reason because this happiness that I was feeling was temporary and this feeling will go away soon. I am now off from ecstasy. It is true, sometimes I wish to take it, just to feel this "freedom" once, but thankfully, I do have someone around me who is telling me that this is not a good idea...

this drug may seem to cure all of your problems, but give it a few years and you will pay the price. sure it seems wonderful but anyone i know who has taken this pill once in awhile or consistantly has developed serious psychological issues years after using it. i myself have developed panic attacks and anxiety, along with many others i know, and the most severe of conditions friends suffer from is schizophernia. the drug is not worth it, besides you feel like c**p the days following, and youre not always guaranteed a steady high. there is alot of bad pills out there, no matter how trustworthy the person you get it from seems, you never know. i enjoyed the drug when i was younger but i wish i never took it, it has made my life very different.

if you are very shy, you may have social anxiety disorder i would recommend talking to a doctor about severe shyness instead of self medicating. i promise you it is not a good choice. you will experience side effects of using later in life. oh i also have back problems from it.

i am 16 years old and i have taken ecstasy 3 times in my life.

i find it fun but a bit intense.
mayybe the pills i've been taking have been like bad or something but i always get right sweaty and like. i cant see myself going to a party or anything while on the stuff .

the third time i did it i had some crazy trip where it felt like i left my body and like ran around the room and then all of a sudden it would feel like i was falling and i'yed open my eyes and i was back like laying down where i had been the whole time and it was f****d lol. like it was fun but scary at parts and it lasted for like 12 hours straight like that so ever since then i havent done the stuff.

i smoke cigarettes and marijuanna frm time to time and drink alcohol also.

i want to know if the ecstasy that i have done [ 3 pills ] could effect my future in any way.

i'm thinking of being a psychiatrist and i do believe they jun tests on you and stuff before you get like a job for that stuff cuz it's a type of doctor.
would e show on a drug test even after like 10 years + and even if i just took 3 hits of it ?

Heh I highly doubt you will listen to what I have to say, because when I was in your position, I wouldn't listen to the people who told me this. Quit while your ahead, don't touch this c**p, stick to weed and alcohol. What is worse is if your using E to be more social. That is possibly the worst thing you could do to yourself. Ecstasy has done a lot of negative things in my life. I regret taking that first pill, because everyone knows once you pop, you can't stop. However, if you f**k up, you'll stop right away, but that f**k up isn't worth it. Because of that "little" f**k up of mine, it has caused depression, it happened two months ago, yet everyday I think of it, repeatably saying to myself "What the f**k was I thinking". I should of stopped when I started to get panic attacks and anxiety. Of course you won't understand what im saying until its too late.

And for the guy who said he was shy. Please don't make the same mistake I did. Instead of taking this stupid drug, find a psychologist near you. I should of done that then take the drug route. My best bet is you have a social anxiety disorder such as Social Phobia or Avoidant Personality Disorder, like pinkcherry said.

mansonxxx Ecstasy is water soluble, most of it is flushed out of your body within 48hrs. It is possible for it to be detected in urine tests for up to a week though. It however can be detected in your hair for up to 90days. One pill is enough to effect your future in many ways, depending on whats in it. 3 pills are more then enough to cause psychological damages. But from personal experience, I highly doubt it will.

And just remember kiddies, symbols and color on a pill mean nothing. So don't ever think two pills are the same. Because they most likely aren't. Ecstasy isn't regulated, and the people who make this don't care about your safety, they just want to make money. Ecstasy can be cut with anything, and is unlikely to be pure or close to pure. As meth is much cheaper to produce then MDMA. So just keep that in mind.

I took ecstasy at parties in college...Thought it was the greatest thing in the world. Thought the same thing you're saying "how come this isnt legal? everyone should be on this ALL THE TIME the world would be so great!" Now I have a chronic case of Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression that comes and goes, I find it hard to concentrate, and i suffer severe anxiety attacks. And whats worse than that is that you never know what is in any given pill...you never know which pill might kill you. LISTEN TO ME!!!!! you are not invincible like you think you are..I WAS THE SAME WAY! if you really want to enjoy your life and be more social go to a therapist, drugs are not going to help. My cousin was admitted to an asylum after taking a lot of ecstasy...he had developed schizophrenia, and tried to committ suicide. PLEASE stop taking ecstasy, it WILL catch up to you.

I used to eat a lot of rolls.. I mean a lot! I sold them for a while and would eat my profit. I was rolling every other day. It got to the point that I needed to eat 5 or 6 just to feel like I was rolling. Basically if I wasn't blowing up I was not rolling in my mind. I had a blast.

Now I am a professional working in a VERY large company. I am pretty successful, but I always look at my friends that never did drugs that are more successful than I and I know that if I had never done drugs I would be in their place or ahead of them. If someone asked me if they shoudl try e (we called it x) I would definitely say no. There is no reason to do it. If someone has trouble making friends (earlier post) then make yourself more outgoing.

Do I feel the effectacy of extacy? Of course! I forget c**p all the time. I have MAJOR self doubt. Most of all I feel that I wasted a couple of years of my life that I will never get back. I know for a fact that I would be better off had I not ever been involved with extacy. Don't do it! if you already have done it, just stop. It's really not worth it.

The hardest part is trying to get someone in their teens to think about tomorrow. All that they can think about is today and now.

-

To be onest I think E is a stupid drug, all these kids shouldnt be doin that c**p. im 19 and ive been doin drugs since I was 12 years old and it's a waste of time, and money. if your going to do anything smoke weed it's still bad and still illeagal but w.e it's better for you, Like hell im a hurbal man myself.

I remember watching a report of the effects of E. The effects on the brains are terrible; there are literally holes in your brain. There is psychological effects (as mentioned above) ranging from anxiety and in extreme cases schizophrenia--and that is just from not doing the drug long term which death is very plausible because it is literally eating your brain away.

I can't imagine how bad E is on a teenage brain while it's still developing. I didn't start using until 20, dropped moderately for a few years. It kept progressing to the point it was pretty much every day except for "days off" just so I could get high again when I did drop. This lasted about a year then I quit entirely when I was 24. I now have a long wrap sheet of psychological problems. Even 7 years later. It destroyed my sex life as I have no libido left. My back has been***** ever since. I have extreme difficulty communicating with people. Kidney problems, liver problems...The list goes on... And what really sucks is that I was a pretty normal guy when I started. Everyone told me E was safe. And it's so easy to buy into that cause it feels so good. You WANT to believe it's safe. It truly truly isn't. It's horrible. When I die, I know it will be the biggest regret of my life.

Please DO NOT take this drug!!!!! My brother has been in and out of mental hospitals due to ectasy. He know has full blown paranoia schizophrenia which has been caused by this drug. I wish someone would have told me how horrible this drug was so that I could have tried to help him and stop him from ever being arround this :-( Every day you will REGRET this drug later in life and be reminded of how it has affected your life negatively...Please don't screw with your brain. Take care and stay away from this!!

Ok, I feel like I have to interject here, there seem to be a lot of ill-informed people posting.

First of all, the chemical that gives you the nice high in pills, MDMA, is actually really not bad for you. There have been NO reported deaths of people who take MDMA in a controlled manner.

In terms of mental health, safe levels of MDMA have proven to be extraordinarily beneficial. When it was legal, in fact, it was regularly and successfully used by psychiatrists during therapy to help patients examine traumatic events of their past without opening up new traumas, having to emotionally relive the event all over again. Anyone who's taken ecstasy can relate to this. The drug essentially makes the entire world an overwhelmingly positive experience. That's not to say that the world is, or should be like that, it's just an effect of ecstasy, and one that can be exploited for enormous benefit by the mental health industry.

With regards to the 'holes in the brain' study, I ask those who have cited it: did you actually read it? Or did you hear about it from a government poster or see it on a documentary? The study itself is riddled with flaws- to the point of being a complete farce. It was never even peer-reviewed. I find it pretty telling that it was entirely government funded and was commissioned only AFTER ecstasy had been criminalised. Doesn't this strike you as the wrong way round? Shouldn't the government be interested in finding out the effects of any drug BEFORE they decide to take state action? The study was, in my opinion, a way for the government to justify an action which seemed pretty illogical and actually kind of harmful, at least to those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder at the time.

Now THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT: I am NOT saying that popping pills every night is safe and will always be great!! Thanks to the illegality of Ecstasy, you never know if you're even going to get MDMA in any given pill. I took one in my youth that was laced with acid plus some other nasty things. It was traumatic for me, and those that had to look after me. Not only that, but if you start taking pills regularly, the come-down gets more and more intense; however, if you only do pills once in a blue moon, you can avoid come-down altogether.

Often, in addition to that, insufficient information is provided in schools or otherwise to those who choose to take ecstasy causing them to either dehydrate on the dance-floor or panic and drink way more water than the body can handle. DON'T EVER, EVER TAKE ANY DRUGS UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Make sure you know precisely how much water to drink and make sure you are responsible enough to remember while high. If you don't think you can manage it, get a friend to do it. If none of your friends will do it, what the hell are you doing taking drugs with them!?

I don't believe half the claims on this thread about 'your brother' or 'your friend' or 'you' in a psychiatric ward, there are just too few cases of E f*****g people up to make it credible. But if by some chance any are true, consider that perhaps the persons mental health problems caused them to abuse drugs, rather than drug abuse caused mental health problems. The long term effects of E are simply not known. There may be some negligible memory loss for those with casual usage history, but early studies are showing that it's insignificant compared to that experienced with alcohol.

The bottom line is, millions of people safely take E, and yes, it's really, really fun :) , but very occasionally people are hurt by it. If you're responsible and accept the risk, then take the drugs and have fun! If you're at all uninformed or worried about the risk however, stay the hell away from illegal drugs and those who choose to take them (though by all means stick to alcohol as most of you seem to; one of the most debilitating drugs in the world, second only to heroine and cocaine)

Psh, a lot of these people here have NO idea what they're saying.

2-4 weeks between rolls, it takes a minimum of that long for Serotonin to recover, and the enzymes inhibited by MDMA to repair. Nerve receptors return back to normal, and your brain heals itself.

IT DOES NOT PUT HOLES IN YOUR BRAIN. Anyone who says this is completely misinformed and needs to look at the latest studies. The scientist who conducted this experiment is in hot water for using meth in place of MDMA in his study. The current verdict is: a consensus that it most likely does nothing to your brain when used in moderation.

I love ecstasy. Ecstasy saved my life. I was a shadow of a man at one time. I was beaten and mugged in a parking lot when I was 15, and that truly scarred me. Ever since that day I was afraid of my own shadow. I couldn't socialize with anyone, I couldn't even leave my house.

A very close friend finally convinced me to go with him to a party on his birthday. I was terrified. I sat in the back of the room too afraid to even leave the wall. He eventually came back and handed me a pill, I didn't know what to do, but he said that he promised it would make me relax. I took it. I relaxed. I became happy--for the first time in 2 years I was happy.

Ever since that night, I wasn't afraid of life anymore, life was a beautiful thing that I couldn't let waste away. There were people out there who could help me enjoy it, and the MDMA had helped me realize that.

I just wanted to interject to refer to the "holes in the brain"...

it is not something literal, and it is not something that will happen after a time or two of use. However, if you are using it consistently and at every party, then you may be at risk.

It is my understanding that "holes in the brain" refer to the synaptic points in your brain. Neurological transmitters send messages to different parts of the brain. When you do any given addictive activity, the neurotransmitters get fixed on certain points. When you are firing these messages to only certain parts of the brain, other parts of your brain are not being used. And after consistent non-use, your brain will not be able to reconnect to them. And the neurotransmitters will get stuck on certain points.

After receiving so much seratonin from ecstasy, your brain tries to make up for it. But because there is not a substance there, it confuses it. It fires to the seratonin connectors, and forgets about some of the other ones. But the disadvantage to this is that you can only be extremely happy for so long, before your brain cannot produce enough stimulatory action to make up the loss of seratonin. What you experience at this point is the complete opposite...depression.

From what I know, this is called the come-down. And I don't believe it is something that can effect you years down the line. Unless of course your brain becomes so addicted to the high that it cannot function without it.

Ecstasy is a pretty fascinating drug, and the experiences you can have on it can be amazing. What i have found personally though, is that ecstasy numbs you to the real world, and to real highs. How amazing can a massage be, after you've received one while rolling. Suddenly, when you are brought back to the real world, you realize that its much simpler. And that can seem kind of sad and depressing.

But life is amazing, and you don't need ecstasy to show you that. But, if you want to, ON OCCASION, take ecstasy, see if you can find MOLLY instead, which is pure MDMA (the component which makes you roll) so that you don't get a pill cut with speed, heroin, mescaline, or the thigns under your kitchen sink. And be CAREFUL.

As far as long term effects, moderation is key. Don't get addicted, use it on occasion, and I think you'll be fine.