I have a 17 years old son and recently I have found an exctasy pill in his room. I have to say that I was really shocked and scared. He told me that he is not using that pills, and I don't believe him. Can I get more information about these pills?

You probably realize that you have a big problem with your son. I don't want to sound like I am telling you what to do, but you really need to do something about it. Many drug users start with this pill and get hooked on. After that, they start using other drugs like heroin and cocaine. Your son is very young and he can not realize what kind of damage the drug can do to him. He is at point, like most of the kids his age, when using drugs is "cool". I hope that what he is telling you is true. Now, I will tell you some basic information about the exctasy pill. Ecstasy pill is a hallucinogen formerly called MDMA. It is generally used on an intermittent basis like all hallucinogen. Users of this pill don't typically progress to daily use. Their intermittent use can be considered addictive, especially if it is causing problems in someone's life. The side effects of this pill include rapid heart beat, muscle tension, insomnia and headache. Research has found that this drug is neurotoxic. This means that it can cause damage to the nervous system which includes the brain. In its pure form, ecstasy does not contain heroin. However, one could never know what street drugs really contain. I hope that everything will be ok.