A teenager Michael Evans (17) died after taking 17 ecstasy pills at his friend’s birthday party. Having taken the pills, he suffered a mild epilepsy and started sweating before he suffered a massive heart attack. He was immediately taken to the hospital where he died after several hours of treatment.
Ecstasy (MDMA) is a synthetic, psychoactive drug which exerts its primary effects in the brain on neurons that use the chemical serotonin to communicate to other neurons. Serotonin plays a big role in regulating mood, aggression, sexual activity, sleep and sensitivity to pain.
In 2003, an estimated 470,000 people aged 12 and over used MDMA.
The Community Epidemiology Work Group (CEWG) members monitor drug use data sources for 21 metropolitan areas nationwide. They reported the increased use of this drug among African-American and Hispanic population.
MDMA’s street price is varies from 15-40$ per pill and its mostly abused by adolescents in the northeastern states.
However, MDMA suppresses the need to eat, sleep or drink and allows users to stay awake all night. Having these qualities, it is very appealing for teenagers and young professionals that think staying awake and working longer would boost their careers.
Moreover, MDMA can result in mental confusion, anxiety and panic attacks, depression, paranoia.
Hence it is essential that as adults we have to strive to give kids the information and support they need to stay drug-free!

17 pills? Are you sure this kid didn't have a death wish?? Possibly a well planned suicide. While I will agree that he didn't make the smartest decision by taking 17 pills i kinda feel bad for him if he really didn't know that taking that much of ANY upper is going to explode your heart. If people would stop walking around telling kids stories like this (unfortunate as it may be) that clearly do not represent the "normal" drug behavior, and hence will probably have NO affect on whether someone is going to take drugs or not because really (again no offense) who would take 17 pills of ecstasy?? that would be like me snorting a coffee can of cocaine??? probably not a good idea, according to the last two brain cells i have. So maybe instead of telling kids and parents that if you take 17 you will die, why not ask Why the hell would you want to do it? And why if there are so much cooler things in life (AS EVERYONE LOVES TO TELL KIDS) do parents plant their kids in front of televisions instead of actually spending time with them? What happened to dads taking sons to ball games and kids going to parks with friends. Why do these kids start taking drugs at a young age.... because their parents, teachers, neighbors, family, communities are ditching them at a younger and younger age.

Kids, don't listen to me. I don't know anything. And I wont tell you what you should or should not do. What I do know is that 17 pills of ecstasy WILL KILL YOU. One or two pills have been known to kill people. One or two pills of Aspirin have been known to kill people too.... go figure. And people who eat 17 pills of most any drug are usually suicidal or dumb. And people who try to scare you with over the top stories are just silly.

I am really sad to read this. But I do agree that this kid really wanted to kill himself because taking 17 ecstasy pills is really dangerous. 

My good friend was taking 1-2 pills during one night at party and I know that he was telling me all about those ecstasy effects and how he was feeling during this, but now when I was reading this post to him (and trust me, he was taking ecstasy for a long time) he told me that this kid just didn't want to have a great time.

It is impossible to take so many pills and expect to be OK after.

I am so sad about this....

i used to do a lot of E. All the time, and the most i ever did was 4.5 pills. and even that was more than anyone else i have ever seen or heard of. 17? he deserved it. asking for trouble.

i have done E four times now i have read how it effects people during the high and after but 17 pills come on now wtf is wrong with you i just take one pill make sure there clean none of that frikkin sh*t that has like little different colored dots in it, its usually dirty if you see that and your asking for it drink plenty of water not to much it can kill you i drink 1 glass of water about 15 minutes before i take it and then i drink another glass of water when i do take the pill then i usually wait around 30 minutes to a hour before i have another drink but dont dance when your on it, that speeds up your heart rate possible heart attack there all i do on e is just enjoy life and chill with some friends me and my buddys went for a little spin in the car while we were peeking i recomend it :-P just chill listen to some music and drive around then go into a open parking lot with no cars and drive in a tight circle its pretty bomb people arnt looking and some of the good things about drugs i do it every once in awhile for every pill i take i wait that many months before i do it again no sence in taking a bunch of pills day after day after day your going to ruin your life take it once in awhile if more people did e once in awhile this world would be a better place the bonding you do with your friends while your on it is amazing you will talk about everything life is amazing better enjoy it while it lasts and i really doubt that you would die off one hit of e unless you get a bad pill if you get mdma your set and your gonna have a good time just drink some water kick back relax and enjoy one of the best 4-6 hours of your life dont take it alone my buddy did that you will get so lonely its retarded just keep your body cooled down try not to be in hot places if your body gets to hot and your noticing it take a cold shower relax if you freak out thinking your going to die then you could have a panic attack or speed up your heart rate you just wanna be chilled out thats what i do anyway always get it from someone who you can trust. take it relax and enjoy the ride.

I have just purchased a pack of I paid around 30 dollars and the shipping was free. I emailed them to see how long it will take to get to me, but they have not emailed me back yet. The first week end night I get it I will try it and let you know if I like it or not. I will concentrate more on the things I do not like since the web sites selling it are promoting it enough and that is not my job. My job is to let the world know if there are any areas I do not like. I will get back to this after I try it

I agree with guest number 2, you would have to lack common sense take 17 hits without knowing it would end your life you. This person is clearly trying to scare people away, and in the WRONG WAY. As well, the other person who said they took four pills THEN started to read about the high, you aren't one to talk... You should ALWAYS educate yourself about the drugs you plan to take, not after !! This is why so many problems happen, because people aren't educated.

Grown ups, stop neglecting and giving BS reason. Drugs may be bad in cases, but when used RIGHT in moderation, and being EDUCATED about the matter (because education is what is key, NOT useless child school BS) you can have a good time. As well, these things can be used for therapy and other such things. Most things have a good side, and a bad side. If you want to look at the bad, you have to look at the good too. When it comes to kids though, you should EDUCATE THEM and explain WHY it's not good to do at a young age, nor that many hits.

Btw, this site is really pathetic for not letting you use a word to define ones intellectual level.. wow.

I would have to luagh at buddy just cuz i have done over 5,000 hits of xtc and the most i have done in one nite is 23. Just by reading wat happened he did not build his system up to handle that much xtc. So if ppl think they cant do more then that i would luagh @ them i am walking proof that it is possible that u can an dstill live but i was hospitailized and knocked one tooth but still here

he didnt desrve that stop .sounds like he was addicted... not very common but thats the only logical reason .. ive takin 15 in a two day periods several times took ten in a night before its not that ur dumb or asking for trouble its that you never want that peak to leave and when u have a screwed up tolerance u need that many. even frikkin molly crystal cuzz ive done that the most my peak is 45 mins to a hour then boom comedown so you start taking alot.... i doubt it was mdma that killed him anyway if hes used to takin alot like that it was somethin else in it. you would be so frikkin sick if he had no tolarance for it that would have made him stop taking em along time before he  had 17.. adulterated mixtures in high doses equals heart problems trust me i had a minor heart attack on a meth ex and coke mix being a dumb ass. be safe dont waste ur life being a addict bro trust me the anxiety and depresion that just f*****g explodes in my head becuz i want mdma . if you have psyc probs it will help at ffirst but trust me you would never wanna live this way.

yes i have had to take about 18 mollies a night just to maintain a high to an hour. It's crystalized and the real deal, everyone around me stays rolling for hours. My tolerance is just too high.

I took two e pills around 4 years ago and I had an extremely bad reaction. I've been sick ever since with dysautonomia. I can't work or be social like I used to. Has anyone been through this and how did you cope?