Hi, my friend is 32 years old and someone has told him that LSD may be very good for people with depression. He is suffering from depression for more than six months and he is willing to try LSD. I am afraid because it is drug so I would like to know if someone had similar experience.

Although I have never taken the LSD drug myself, I know quite a few people that have done so. And all I can say is that I had this one friend, OK, more of an acquaintance, and he was in a bit of a feeble mental state. The poor fellow had a bad trip and ended up having a psychosis and needing to be committed for a while. He has also never been the same since, basically. So as far as I am concerned, if you're not a naturally happy trooper, I really wouldn't advise touching LSD. But maybe it is different if you receive guidance from a psychiatrist. Not that they're going to advise a person to take illegal drugs. 

Hi, LSD is very strong hallucinating drug which may be very dangerous for people with any kind of mental illness. It may cause illusions and hallucinations which may cause dead or injury for person who use it. Anyway I wont suggest any kind of drug to your friend because of his condition.

The above answer is complete BS; you clearly have no clue about the effects of drugs.

LSD is not an escape from depression. Unless your friend feels predisposed to trying it, I do not suggest it. The effects of acid are much more enjoyable when one has a clear and happy mind.

I'm 16, I've done acid twice. LSD is meant to expand your mind, not cure depression. If you do it thinking the latter, you'll probably be unpleasantly surprised.

Go get wasted or smoke a bat, but don't do LSD unless you feel the need to. The truth is overwhelming.

So doing a drug twice being underage gives you authority to call the answer before your rehash on its recommendations bull?. Look and compare what you're saying, against what he wrote. On the bottom line, you're repeating what he says.

It can be clearly said, you have no idea of what he was talking about. Connect your fried brain before yappin' (or in this case, before writing).

Kids nowadays think they have the knowledge of a god because we adults refrained from giving them a nurturing smackin' on the 'ead.

Joey.

NO!!! Have your "friend" see a LICENSED PROFESSIONAL. There are many anti-depressants available that are SAFE and legal. 8-|

I had depression and then i took LSD and now i have profit

The FIRST ACID TRIP can never cause depression while the trip is on,
the first acid trip will expose him to clear understandings of himself,and his thoughts.a more clear understanding of life starts from the time you do the first acid trip,

" Discussion of drugs + First hand experience = TOTAL TRUTH "

" Discussion of drugs + 2nd,3rd,4th,infinity'th experience = TOTAL BS "

well, First hand experience people will most likely be biased. so i wouldnt call it total truth.

DO NOT DO LSD WHILE YOU ARE DEPRESSED warn your freind that it will cause the most unpleasent fourteen hours of his life. he will most likely have a bad trip and end up seeing dead people and sh*t.

I have experimented with a range of different drugs, and the smart thing to do is research the drug to completely understand what it does, effects on your body, length, and what to expect while high and during the crash.
I personally would not advise LSD as an anti-depressant, your mindset is the foundation of your trip.
If your friend wants to try a drug to treat depression, put some thought into ecstasy if anything. They use MDMA , which is in ex, as a treatment in the Netherlands I believe.
In all reality though, I have taken drugs depressed and the majority of the time it made it worse because now you're thinking "Oh God, is this what I had to resort to?" depression is a personal problem that only the person themselves can fix, though its very tough to go through and extremely difficult to snap out of. I wish your friend the best of luck, remember to read deep into anything before doing it. Be prepared.

Many of these people posting have no idea of what LSD is.

Having done extensive reading on it and trying it myself, I can confidently say that I have some grasp of what LSD is all about.

LSD other psychedelics are extremely powerful drugs. Let your friend know this. LSD can alleviate some depression symptoms or it can make them worse. It all really depends on how prepared the person is, who the person is individually and how mentally strong they are.

LSD's effects can lead to great insight about one's personality. It has the capacity to lead to very profound, spiritually meaningful feelings as well as complete and utter fear.

Please, tell your friend to do some reading before he tries it (if he does). If he is prepared, I would say that the experience could be meaningful.

im 16 and ive done lsd an estimated 75 or so times, i know right?
it is true that your friends first trip would "open" his mind but it will do nothing really in the long run. As someone else has already said just smoke a bowl and talk it out.

It's not always the case that taking LSD whilst depressed will result in a "bad" trip. When first discoverd, LSD was tried on people suffering mental ilnesses, such as depression. The results varied, as expected primarily because effects of LSD will feed on the person taking it.
Acid will dig so deep into your mind, beyond what you thought you could think, see and feel that you'll come out of your "trip" feeling very different. For a depressed person, it could put an end to the delirium in their mind, prehaps fufilling their anxiety as they're set on several hours of existense in another world, where everything revloves around their imagination.