I am 21 and 3 years ago I took one pill of ecstasy on a rave party. I was strong enough to say no to second pill, thanks to my best friend. However, I heard some thing about this pill, that it permanently damages the brain, even with one pill. Is this true?

Ecstasy or MDMA is a synthetic psychoactive drug that possesses the stimulant properties of methamphetamine and hallucinogenic qualities most similar to mescaline. Ecstasy is a white crystalline powder with a musty odor, in its purest form but it can also have a reddish or brownish color. These colors are a result of impurities. One has to continually increase the amount of the drug in order to feel the same effects. It is true that ecstasy damages brain cells. It causes the nerve branches and nerve endings to degenerate. These cells then re-grow abnormally, failing to reconnect to some brain areas or connecting elsewhere to the wrong areas. It is the same thing as if the brain switchboard was torn apart and then rewired backwards. If you feel like something is wrong with you, you can always visit your doctor and ask him for an opinion. Good luck.

It is possible in any case to take a drug and be permanently brain damaged or even die. It dose not matter if it is Ecstasy, cocaine, or a prescription medication. Everyone is different and how your body responds to a specific drug may be completely different than the person next to you. In a nut shell Ecstasy causes your brain to release excessive amouts of the neurotransmitter seratonin. Serotonin is what is responsible for making feel excited, or happy. This is why depression is directly related to deficient serotonin levels. When you take Ecstasy your brain then releases massive amounts of this neurotransmitter which in turn causes you to feel overly happy, excited, and loving. It is true that this drug can over time cause brain damage as can many other drugs. The main thing you have to remember about this drug is that it is never the same. Ecstacy is usually a combination of things from speed, to ketamin, to mescalin and many more. You never know what you are going to get with X. One of the main concerns with using the drug is heat stroke. When you do X your body temperature rises substantially. That is why it is so important to drink enough (but not too much ) water and stay cool. You can drink too much water and that can cause death as well. Any drug can kill you if used by the wrong person or in excess the problem is no one knows if they will be that person.

Thank you very much liltsexy for the info you provided. I found it really useful and informative. Did you have a lot of expereince with E's when you know so much?