What is familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome? How often this symptom appears? I can find much about it. I was hoping someone here can provide me some information. Thank you.

Well, I can tell you much, just what I read about it. It is inherited inflammatory disease. Familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome is characterized by episodes of rash, fever, and joint pain following generalized exposure to cold. Attacks usually occur 1-2 hours after exposure and last less than 24 hours, but it is extremely rare occurring at a rate of less that 1:1,000,000. It has been reported primarily in families from North America and Europe and the diagnosis is based on clinical presentation and can be confirmed by the identification of a NALP3 mutation. No clinical trials have been performed with FCAS patients.