My father seemed to be health all these years. Few months ago he died. That day he was complaining of palpitations, and when we came to the doctor, it was too late for him. I remember doctor told us it was W.P.W. syndrome. I could not think about anything then, but now I would like to know what that is.

W.P.W. syndrome is short of Wolff (Wolfe)-Parkinson-White (WPW) syndrome. That is a very rare cause of sudden death, because it results from an additional electrical connection between the atria and the ventricles. It might runs in families, but this happens in less than 1% of cases. In the majority, it is completely silent and only sometimes might be detected on a routine ECG. In a small proportion of patients, the extra electrical pathway allows conduction of the electrical pathway. This pathway is generating an electrical circuit, which produces a very rapid heart rate. Most patients tolerate this well but some experience very troublesome palpitations. Some patients experience light-headedness and blackouts. A very small minority of patients may die suddenly from ventricular fibrillation, as your father had this bad luck. When the patient is experiencing palpitations, the heart rate is usually in excess of 150 beats in a minute. When the patient has no symptoms, there is nothing to find on examination, even if he came earlier to the hospital. WPW is diagnosed by performing an ECG, and the ideal treatment in patients with symptoms is to destroy the extra electrical pathway.

Well I do and don't. No one seems to know??? WPW mutation

I have Palpitations all the time worse the more relaxed I am. When I exercise it becomes normal? No trace until my heart rate drops back to normal.
I recently had ablation that completely failed 8 hr surgery awake for the whole damn thing, not to mention the pain of the burn when they tried to destroy pathways. I can tell you I have never felt anything like it in my life. I usually have 1 or 2 normal beats 3 to 6 cross beats or pulps all the time.

I am 29 and can't take another pill or pill or pill or another pill.
I was diagnosed at 24. I am going to try Holy Basil, the 3 types of extracts to see if a mega blast works.

Any info would help, like I said no one knows much about this. WPW extremely rare and puzzles me not to mention the look on the Doctors faces. Besides the pain I am in, it’s like a 24 hr heart attack.
**********

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

To begin, I am looking for a really good WPW message board to go to. If anyone that reads this knows of a place, please send me information

Next, I was diagnosed with WPW over a year ago at the age of 23. I had experiences of irregular heart beats every so often. I had explained this many times to doctors that I NEVER experienced rappid heart rates, just palpitations. It was a huge mental shock to me being I have been a vary healthy person my entire life... never broken a bone, never had any major illnesses, I do not smoke or do drugs and never have, and I drink occasionaly. The worst health issue I ever had was a set of stiches on the bottom of my foot when I was a kid. After getting a few diagnoses from various cardiologists here in Michigan, It was a unanamous decision of WPW. I went to a specialist and long story short, I had the catheter ablation in October of 2007. After experiencing just a few skpis in November and December, it seemed to have gone away for ever. I started to play hockey again and I got back to working out regularly. In April, I was playing hockey and sure enough, the symptoms of my so called WPW came back... they got so bad one day, I thought I was going to die. They never were fast HEart beats, just palpitations. I just got back from my heart doctor and he assured me I do not have WPW anymore, but he is going to do all he can to find out what is causig my heart to continuously skip. So, I had a 25,000 dollar surgory for nothing! BY THE WAY, PREVIOUS POSTER, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN KNOCKED OUT FOR THE ABLATION!!!!! I didn't feel a damn thing, nor do I remember the procedure. I have experienced pretty much the same symptoms as you, previous poster, and if you'd like to, E-mail me.

Sorry your going through this, its possible theres a secondary condition. My sis went through the same thing now after 2 surgeries looks like thyrois problem was what was agrivating the situation. I suggest seeing another cardiologist and asking for a thyrois test

I am hoping to find someone who had WPW prior to pregnancy. I was diagnosed with WPW in 1997 and have had two corrective surgeries. I still feel symptoms once in a while when I am stressed. My husband and I have been discussing starting a family and I would love to talk to someone who has been through similar experiences so I know what kind of risks there may be for myself and a baby. Thank you!