Hi, can anyone tell me more about a Periodic Fever Syndrome PFAPA. Is it a serious condition and how long does it take to treat it?

Hi, I am not common with all the aspects of Periodic Fever Syndrome, but I can tell you that it is a genetic disorder. The inflammation starts as an autoinflammation, and later the organism loses control over it, when it becomes uncontrolled and causes damage. Main symptoms are fever, joint pains, abdominal pains and sometimes even chronic complications may develop, such as amyloidosis. some sorts of this disorer are: familial Mediterranean fever, hyperimmunoglobinemia D, TNF receptor associated periodic syndrome, Muckle-Wells syndrome, familial cold urticaria, neonatal onset multisystem inflammatory disease and other.

Hallo,
If I am not mistaking this condition can happen when there is no infection presented in the body. The fact is that this condition is mostly hereditary and it is a result of mutation in our genes. Do you know if someone had this condition in your family? Try to talk to your parents and see if they can remember if any of your uncles had something similar. The fact is that many of these syndromes have a specific treatment The treatment is often based on understanding the problem caused by the genetic defect. You have to know what kind of periodic fever syndrome do you have and then you can search for treatment. I hope this helped a bit.