My friend has a son who has Tourette syndrome. He is 9 years old now and they are trying with one kind of treatment with medications for two years. But boy doesn’t feel better. They started to think about some alternative ways of healing. Can somebody tell me something about acupuncture and Tourette syndrome.

Acupuncture treatment is based not only on diagnostic evaluations derived from subjective signs and symptoms caused by Tourette Syndrome, but on an accurate assessment of a patients nature and constitution. I know one girl who tried with acupuncture and it helped her. Maybe they should try, you never know when it can helps.

My son and husband both have tourette's. I'm very passionate about this topic along with ADD, ADHD, OCD, Asperger's, Autism, and tics.

My son could barely function 2 years ago and now he is most of the time tic free with the exception of allergy season and when he eats a food he is sensitive to!!!

There are many things you can do naturally at home!!!! Take a look at my website for a lot of helpful info!!!

Good Luck!!!

I stumbled upon your post while looking for some alternative ways to deal with my 7 year old son's TS. You referred above to your website but I don't see what that is. I'd love to check it out. Please reply.

Thanks.

Guest wrote:

Thanks.

I'm also interested!

Hi just wondering if anyone else has any feedback on treating tourettes with acupuncture.. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks

alternative mom wrote:

Good Luck!!!

Hi i am 19 and have had Tics since i was a little girl, I have them whenever i eat or when it's got out or too cold, sometimes if someone touches me lightley i tic, I have never been diagnosed lol, i have to starve myself sometimes to stop the tics cuz i'm allergic to almost every food i eat and i sweat and feel alot of pain and then i tic, i almost feel drugged and can't speak or understand ppl. I had to quit school in middle school and got my ged at age 17 without study, i got my licence but i don"t drive much, i was anerexic for a couple years and felt good and had no tics but i got careless and started eating again and of course it all came back, my heart is effected too. I have had many health issues like arthritis, endometriosis, hearing and vision problems, lost my gallbladder at age 14, had my hips reconstructed at a young age, had a tumor and many sinus pollyps. I am curious if anyone has other problems that accompany tourettes like skin sensitivity, pain, mood changes, sweating, chills etc... Email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
if you have information about this.

I'm trying to spread the word as best I can because our whole family is astonished with the results both my nephew and son have had with acupuncture. They were both home during the holidays and decided to try it to treat their TS. It only took two - 45 min. sessions for both of them to feel almost totally free from the urge to tic. The treatments are cumulative and we all believe in a cure. My nephew's first visit to another acupuncturist wasn't as successful though so I would suggest that if you try it and it doesn't work, try another doctor.
I used to think acupuncture was like voodoo but having seen the results I am a huge advocate for it. Our only regret is that we hadn't tried it 20 years sooner.

Hello, I am an 18 year old boy who was diagnosed with tourettes at a few months old with prominent tics I inherited from my father

My mother started beinging me to an acupuncturist straight away, and throuhgout my childhood I had regular acupuncture appointments up until about 13 years old. I now am completely symptom-free, and most doctors and psychologists refuse to believe I was ever diagnosed. At this point, I havent had regular acupuncture for 5 years yet I can't even remember what my tics were or even feel like

Acupuncture is the most effective cure for a number of diseases and I hope it is popularized in the coming years

donna wrote:

how do you know a good dr from a poor one? my son suffers from this and we r most interested. thx

steveconn wrote:

donna wrote:

I would suggest to just ask around. Most are reputable and have license to practice. They should all use sterile, disposable needles.
My son has continued intermittently (about every 6 months now) and continues to have great relief. My nephew, who plays tennis said his game improved and he was able to focus better.

alternative mom wrote:

Good Luck!!!

Hi Alternative Mom,

My son is suffering from TS for many years. We don't want to use any kind of medication but are interested in the alternative treatment. Could you please email me your website?
thanks.

donna wrote:

Hi can you give me the telephone number or where you went to please?

Michelle Redman wrote:

donna wrote:

I would love to know where you went to get the treatment too. Please kindly give me their phone number.

Diane wrote:

Michelle Redman wrote:

donna wrote:

contact info on these people please. we tried but no success