On 11th may,i sprained my left foot real bad and suffered a cut near my toe that left me with 6 stitches.

I was unable to walk at first but i can walk without much pain now,but my wound according to the doctor whome i saw 2 days ago is healing slow and its very moist.So my stitches are not out yet and would be out this coming Friday.

And since a few days ago,my left foot has a strange sensation.As if blood is boiling inside it.Like something squirming inside.The swelling is still there,and doctor did not tell me how to reduce the swelling at all.I did not mention about the strange sensation in my left foot as it was less.Basically it is like as if something inside is flickering.Like something squirming in it.It happens after a minute.Or it won't happen for some time.My foot is only bandaged around the stitched area.I have also been prescribed antibiotics called ciprofloxacin.

And another problem is on my left toe,on the underside of it,the below part where the toe begins,whenever i touch it,i get a sharp sensation.If i do not touch it,nothing happens.Only when touching it do i get the sharp sensation.The other part of the toe seems fine,i don't see any injury that may cause the sharp sensation.

Can someone please tell me what it can be? It has got me worried sick.

ok i will admit i'm a little sleepy, but do me a favor. Look into the possibility of gout.

do you eat foods with a lot of cholestorl? does the pain come and go? is it isloated to around the bed of a big to nail? it (off a squick skim) seems like gout. may want to look into that. let me konw if that helps.

No,i don't eat foods with lotsa cholesterol and the pain only started after my injury,before that i was fine,playing soccer and stuff without any pains or sharp sensations.

I am afraid that there may be a foreign object? soil or something? That is what that scares me

hmm, ever have this pain before? does it come and go?

i was trickd by a problem like this during my clinical interview which is why goute just jumped out at me (patient had a soccer injury..but no bruise and had similar symptoms).

here is some gout info via imedicine (sorry if i plararized)
out is associated with considerable morbidity. During acute episodes, patients often are incapacitated.
Untreated chronic tophaceous gout can develop and lead to severe joint destruction.
Hyperuricemia is associated with increased all-cause mortality. This is not due to gout, per se, but to diseases associated with gout, such as insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, abdominal obesity, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension.

Acute monoarticular arthritis is the initial presentation of gout in 90% of patients.
In early gout, usually only 1 or 2 joints are involved. Typically, they are the smaller, lower-extremity joints.
Podagra (inflammation of the first metatarsophalangeal joint) is the initial joint manifestation involved in 50% of cases. Eventually, it is involved in 90% of cases.
Podagra is not synonymous with gout. Podagra can be observed in patients with pseudogout, sarcoidosis, gonococcal arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and reactive arthritis.
The attacks begin abruptly and reach maximum intensity in 8-12 hours. The joints are red, hot, and exquisitely tender; even a bed sheet on the swollen joint is uncomfortable.
Untreated, the first attacks resolve spontaneously in less than 2 weeks. Intermittent inflammatory arthritis, in which the joints return to normal between attacks, typically is caused by crystalline disorders and is true of gouty arthritis early in its course.
Gout can initially present as a polyarticular arthritis in 10% of patients. Elderly women, particularly women with renal insufficiency and taking a thiazide diuretic, often develop polyarticular arthritis as their first manifestation of gout. These attacks may occur in coexisting Heberden and Bouchard nodes. Such patients also may develop tophi more quickly, occasionally without prior episodes of acute gouty arthritis.

still think its not gout?

more info:
While gout typically causes inflammation in a joint, it also can cause inflammation in other synovial-based structures such as bursas and tendons.
Tophi are collections of uric acid crystals in the soft tissues. They occur in more than half of untreated patients. While the classic location is along the helix of the ear, they can be found in multiple locations, including the fingers, toes, in the olecranon bursae, and along the olecranon, where they can resemble rheumatoid nodules. The finding of a rheumatoid nodule in a patient with a negative rheumatoid factor should prompt the clinician to consider gout in the differential diagnosis. Finding tophi during the first episode of gout is unusual; they tend to develop after 10 years in untreated patients who develop chronic gouty arthritis.
Acute flares of gout can occur in situations that lead to increased levels of serum uric acid, such as the use of alcohol, overindulgence of certain foods, trauma, hemorrhage, or the use of medications that elevate levels of uric acid. Situations that lead to the rapid depletion of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) can result in the accumulation of adenosine 5'-diphosphate, adenosine monophosphate (AMP), and, subsequently uric acid. Alcohol, for example, accelerates the conversion of ATP to AMP. Alcohol also increases lactate relative to pyruvate and thereby reduces the excretion of uric acid. Beer contains guanosine and thereby increases the purine load.
Acute flares of gout also can occur in situations that lead to decreased levels of serum uric acid, such as the use of radiocontrast dye or medications that lower the levels of uric acid.

Physical:

During an acute attack, examine all joints to determine if the patient's arthritis is monoarticular or polyarticular.
Involved joints show all the signs of inflammation: swelling, warmth, erythema, and tenderness.
The erythema over the joint can resemble cellulitis, and the skin may desquamate as the attack subsides.
The joint capsule becomes quickly swollen, resulting in a loss of range of motion of the involved joint.
During an acute gout attack, patients can have a fever, particularly if it is an attack of polyarticular gout.
Look for sites of infection that could have potentially seeded the joint and caused an infectious arthritis that can resemble or coexist with acute gouty arthritis.

Individual attacks of gout often are triggered by acute fluxes in uric acid levels that may lead to the exposure or shedding of crystals that are not coated with apo B or apo E. This can result from alcohol ingestion, overindulgence in certain foods, starvation, trauma, hemorrhage, or medications such as diuretics. It also can result from situations that lower levels of uric acid, including the use of radiocontrast dyes and medications such as allopurinol.

foreign object concerns:
1. xray
2. forein objects tend to work themselves out by themselves over time (not to worry..nature run its course).

I went for my appointment yesterday and had my stitches taken out.However my wound has not healed.Doc said it was still raw and it is.Regarding the sharp sensation in the toe he just wasnt bothered.Poor service indeed of a hospital.And he just offered some painkillers.

So anything strange that my wound hasnt healed despite having stitches for the past 2 weeks or is it normal? Now they are letting it heal by itself.That means just by normal dressing which i have to do everyday.

I'm afraid i'm only a first year medical student and have not yet learned the "normal healing process." I know that oxygen is important-- which is why when you wear a tight bandage the wound doesn't heal as quickly.

Sorry, i wish i could tell u more.