I'm trying to find information on painless, non-itching small [pin-head to 1/8"] red 'blood-blisters' that appear on my arms, legs, breasts and abdomen more and more often, as I age [I'm 70 now]...

they're harmless, don't bother me at all, but I'd just like to know what could be causing them... if you can refer me to somewhere I can find out what it might be, I'd be most grateful...

thanks in advance, maia

**edited by moderator**

I found this on a lung cancer website:

Blood (hematologic) syndromes

.... blood imbalances might be caused by iron deficiency or chemotherapy. These might manifest as:

Excessive numbers of platelets (thrombocytosis), causing blood clots
Too few or poorly functioning platelets, causing bruises and tiny "blood blisters" (thrombocytopenic purpura)
Irregular growth, appearance, or untimely destruction of red blood cells (polycythemia, hemolytic anemia, red-cell aplasia) causing fatigue
Abnormal levels or functions of blood proteins (dysproteinemia) causing fatigue, headache, or dizziness
Abnormal white blood cell production or function (leukemoid reaction, eosinophilia) causing fevers, fatigue, or perhaps no symptoms at all

Cherry angiomas are made up of clusters of capillaries at the surface of the skin, forming a small round dome ("papule"), which may be flat topped. They range in colour from bright red to purple. When they first develop, they may be only a tenth of a millimeter in diameter and almost flat, appearing as small red dots. However, they then usually grow to about one or two millimeters across, and sometimes to a centimeter or more in diameter. As they grow larger, they tend to expand in thickness, and may take on the raised and rounded shape of a dome. Multiple adjoining angiomas are said to form a polypoid angioma. Because the blood vessels comprising an angioma are so close to the skin's surface, cherry angiomas may bleed profusely if they are injured.

So - what is prognosis? Are they likely to be harmful? Should we be bothered? What/can be done about them?

I have the same thing going what can u do for them

I get ridof mine by heating a metal paper clip with a lighter for a few seconds a press on they disappear straight away had a larger one as big as match head looked like it was ready to burst same thing heat and press took about 5 goes over 2 months gone wasted money on expensive laser never worked I am a female so as they say no pain no gain DO TRY THIS ON SMALL VEINS IT LEAVE HORRIBLE SCAR blood pimples perfect for me

If it leaves a scar what do you recommend to fade or his rid of the scar?

I work in the massage industry, this is some kind of fungus---it can cover your whole body...and it is contagious. There's a rare skin condition that looks like this? or it being miss diagnosed. I believe it has been missed diagnosed. A sample needs to be sent to Pathology. someone needs to look in a mircroscope.

Are you still getting it even after you sear the lesion? How long have you had it ?Did you get rid of it

Tiny blood blisters on Torso

Is there an underlying cause for blood blisters.

Oh good grief shouting contagious multiple times in all caps is no help. See a dermatologist you are describing what is most likely called cherry angiomas. Google them- very typical especially as we age. They can be cauterized easily if they are unsightly or in an area prone to being scratched.

Dont panic, your not plagued with a permanent dieses, your right about this being a fungus, there are so many ways to contract virus and dieses, mosquito's, fleas, scabies, lice, tics, all can carry a secondary dieses, what to do, go to your nearest equine store or country store and pic up a tube of safe -guard paste with fanbendasole and put enough paste in your body wash for a 500 lb horse, and simply use it, this will kill the parasite

What causes lil blood blisters

I'm 52 WF, disabled. I live alone, not even a cat, & only 1other person stops by for a few hrs. a week. I doubt the little red marks are from something contagious, it's bad enough to be a female with thinning hair, now these red dots? I have an appt with my Doc, I forgot to ask about them specifically last time. She said my other skin problems are from just getting older. She did order lab work. I'll post what the Doc says mine are from in a couple of weeks.Luckly mine are on my breasts, & belly. My clothes cover them.