I have great problem in family. My sister's son has hard illness. He is suffering from cancer. I dont have to tell you how great tragedy is that for all of us. He is prescribed with Fentanyl patch ten days ago. He has started to lose hair rapidly. Does it have to do something with Fentanyl? He is twelve years old.

I am sorry to hear about your family tragedy. I had the similar experience with my aunt's kid. He had no such side effects. As I have heard, there is no relation between those two things. Maybe it is because of chemotherapy or something else. Is he using some other medications?

I'm 63 and my Dr. switched me from Vicadin and Percocet for arthritis after 6 years to Fentanyl. I've always had thick hair. Now it is coming off in big globs for three weeks now. At first I thought it was due to three epidurals in one month. But after reading other peoples postings I can see it's the damn patch that I didn't want to switch to in the first place! At the rate I'm losing hair I'll be bald by Christmas! I'm shedding faster than my friend who had lymphoma of the intestines who didn't have chemo and is now deceased, I shedding faster than my friend who had a large brain tumor who also didn't have chemo. I started to think I had cancer but my blood tests are all coming up normal. So I'm pretty sure it has to be the Fentanyl!

Hello my friend.Have you any fentanyl patches that you don't won't them anymore?Basically i hope first of all that you are OK!
Pls reply.

My hair is seriously coming out by the hand fulls. It's everywhere and on everything. I don't have a thick head of hair, it's baby fine and doesn't grow fast. But this is Serious !!
I have been on 100mg a day since December. This just started within the last few months. But, I too keep saying that I will be bald in 3 months, as fast as it's falling out.
I'm having to unclog my shower every week. And I have been put on this and another drug. So I'm doing research on them both. I have read Many messages regarding hair loss with fentenyal !! I believe I have found the cause. I'm wondering how long it will take to stop, once I discontinue the fentenyal? And to be Honest, I haven't found it to be affective with my pain anyhow. Thank you for writing about this.