I have been told recently that fibromyalgia is an autoimmune problem and want to know if anyone else has been told this and what treatment method they are using. Thank you for any help you might give.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last summer. My dianosis came after having a C-5, C-6 neck surgery. The Rheumotoligist put me on Lyrica, Vit D (30,000 units a wk for 3 months) and ordered deep massage therapy.

The Vitamin D really seemed to make a big difference because I was so defficient. None of the others did me any good.

Not completely convinced that Fibromyalgia is all of my problem I am currently seeing a neurologist for further testing.

Hope this helps you.

I recently found a chiropractic neurologist who says my FMS is auto immune related. I don't think that means everyone's is. He did many --- some rare --- blood tests to verify this. The way he explained it was that there are 2 parts to the immune system: Th1 and Th2. They are supposed to work together, shifting back and forth in dominance depending on what's going on with the body. Some people, for a variety of reasons, get stuck in Th2 dominance and this causes fatigue, exhausted adrenals, thyroid problems, pain, digestive and eliminative problems, and many more. At our next meeting he is going to recommend some supplements for me that will suppress the Th2 and boost the Th1, so they can go back to normal. I don't know yet what these supplements might be, but I suspect maybe something like Beta 1,3-D Glucan. Things I've tried on my own that have helped a lot are Udo's 3-6-9 Omega Oil Blend with DHA, and Gotu Kola Formula from Organic India. The former helped with pain and sleep, the latter with brain fog. I've had FMS symptoms since I was 4 years old --- 57 years and have tried too many therapies and supplements to list, but it finally feels like I'm getting somewhere. One thing that supports my new doctor's belief that it's auto immune for a lot of people is that more women have FMS than men, and pregnancy is one of the things that gets your body stuck in the Th2 dominance mode. Hope you can use this to research some answers for yourself!