I was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 13 years ago. since that time I have occasionally had numbness and tingling in my hands, feet and around my mouth, usually lasting no longer than 2 hours. Six months ago it came back in my hands and feet & stayed. I went to my GP who did a blood blood tests, all results normal. 10 days later it started around my mouth and my ears started ringing. I was referred to a neurologist. I have had Xrays, CT, MRI,Nerve Conductivity Test and additional blood tests. Now am told that this must just be another symptom of the fibromyalgia. I am taking 10mg flexeril at night. Was on Gabapentin (1200mg per day) it lessened the symptoms but I was in a bad fog all the time, unable to concentrate on anything. Went off that and trier Lyrica and couldn't tolerate the side effects. Now am on Topamax and the symptoms are worse. The other symptoms of the fibro are easier to tolerate than these new ones. I am at the end of my rope! Any suggestions. I do have a call in to the neurologist but apparently the nurse didn't take it seriously when I told him I felt like shooting myself early Friday afternoon. :'(

You may have early symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS) rather than fibromyalgia. One very common symptom of fibromyalgia is generalized ache and pain which you had failed to mention.

To Diana: I have been having the same type of problems, been to two neurologists and the second one is doing another MRI of my head, had one done in Feb. 2010 and nothing was found. He is doing another one and also an MRI of my neck and spine. I do understand the frustration and beginning to feel like its "all in your head" syndrome. Hang in there, there has to be an answer, it is just going through all of this ruling stuff out. I am anxious to have the MRI of my neck and spine and of my head again. I have suspected MS, but the other neurologist seemed to dismiss that immediately when I mentioned the possibility. Right now Lyrica, 50 mg a day, is all I am taking, just started it about a week ago. Fibro is a strange disease with so many symtoms and manifestations. Hope you find an answer and that I do too. Hang in there.

Cymbalta gives me relief without the side effects that Lyrica had. Try a lower dose then go up if you need too. I actually felt great on it.