Is it possible to cure fibromyalgia with diet alone? I can’t live with it anymore; I have the feeling that the symptoms are getting worse every day. I’m constipated and have IBS - the doctors associated that with fibromyalgia and gave me laxatives that wouldn’t work. I cannot afford yoga classes and the chiropractic seems too far - fetched to me. Is there anything I can do with diet?

Your attitude is a good one - you are trying to solve the problem considering all means available. However, you can’t rely on one of the options to do the whole job. Changes in your diet are just one of the changes you have to adopt. Basically, fibromyalgia therapy is concentrated on the improvement of your lifestyle. This means that all things suggested should make you a happier and a healthier person. As a result, improvement of your disorder will take place. So, you can do a lot with your diet. Talk to your nutritionist and see the recommended daily dosage of all nutritive ingredients, vitamins and mineral for the person of your sex, age and weight. Try to identify the food that makes you particularly constipated, gassy or uncomfortable in any other way and avoid it. Some researchers point out the connection between the food taken and often mood changes or even depression. If you agree with this you could also try to discover whether any kind of food makes you particularly angry, sad, low - spirited... All this will not make fibromyalgia magically gone, but it can surely help you cope with it. But you must keep trying with other means. If you can’t afford yoga and don’t like your chiropractor try out massage or acupuncture. Never underestimate the benefits of regular exercising. And, finally, avoid stress and get rest. Make sure you sleep well.

I HAD FIBROMYALGIA WHEN MY 4 YEARS OF CFS MORPHED INTO CHRONIC PAIN THROUGHOUT MY WHOLE BODY WITH ALL THE USUAL TRIGGER POINTS. I WAS DOING MASSAGE AND CHIROPRACTIC AS WELL, UNTIL I CAME ACROSS A WEBSITE CALLED DRZ.COM (IT MAY HAVE BEEN DRZ.ORG) BUT HE IS A CHIROPRACTOR FROM GERMANY PRACTICING IN CALIF, AND HE HAS YOU FILL OUT A QUESTIONAIRE AND THEN SUGGESTS A SPECIFIC DIET WITH THE APPROPRIATE SUPPLEMENTS FOR YOUR PARTICULAR NEEDS. IT COST ME ABOUT $80 AND A MONTH OF A (FOR ME) MOST MISERABLE DIET, BUT I WAS ABLE TO STICK WITH IT ONLY BECAUSE I HAD DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT IN MY PAIN IN JUST THE FIRST 2 DAYS!!! OTHERWISE, I WOULD NEVER HAD STUCK WITH IT AS ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME COULD ATTEST TO. I EVEN GOT EXTREMELY ILL WHEN AFTER THE 4TH DAY I WAS HAVING SYMPTOMS OF FOOD POISONING. IT TURNED OUT BECAUSE I WAS JUST RINSING OUT MY BLENDER JAR ( BECAUSE I WAS IN A HURRY) AND NOT taking it apart and cleaning it, there was a horrible fungus building up around the opening of the bottom of the blender jar that I did not see until I finally stopped vomiting and got back to eating and took the jar apart. It was NOT the diet's fault I got ill! I finished the rest of the 30 days with no further problems. Anyway, his premise on the illness is that it is caused by a yeast overgrowth in the body from the overuse use of antibiotics, which I practically lived on as a child with chronic ear infections, and then periodically throughout the years for various other infections. The logic made sense and I was desperate. It was worth every dime spent, and the 30 days of not being to eat any of my favorite junk foods and any drinks but distilled water with a little lemon juice, but I would do it again if I ever got that sick again. Like I said I noticed dramatic relief in the pain in the first 4 days. Just remember no matter how much of a hurry you are in, disassemble all the parts of the blender jar either after or before using it again, and clean all the crevices well!!!